Drum roll please...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what oil do you use and how often to change it...new crush washer every time ???moki break in...when is ya first oil change gonna be...20mi...100mi...600mi ???

what octane gas ???

ya gonna go with an non OEM tire at first change...ha...looks like it's a dark sider stock

Iridium plugs??
Forgot to ask what type of oil but from what the rep said, I shouldn't be needing to deal with that unless I see a puddle under the bike!

First service is 600 miles or so.

Low octane gas is fine.

Tires should last about 12K miles so won't be an issue for awhile.

No idea on the plugs but I'll ask next time I'm there for ya... ;)

Hey, where'd the pic go of her on it?? She looks good on it!! B) If she gets one, we'll have to do a Spyder ride... there is a growing "Y-factor" culture out there... the rep I bought the bike from said a lot of women are buying them as they are more stable and they feel more comfortable on it... :)

Three big wheels and smile from ear to ear. You were glowing with excitement in those pictures girl. It's an absolutely marvelous thing to see you back in the saddle. I hope we get a chance to ride together sometime soon.
BTW, Mrs. Wee Willy has an eye on that design. I'll be watching your posts for all the detail Patriot asked about earlier...and remember...reuse those crush washers and save yourself some serious coin.

With very best regards,

Wee Willy

what oil do you use and how often to change it...new crush washer every time ???moki break in...when is ya first oil change gonna be...20mi...100mi...600mi ???

what octane gas ???

ya gonna go with an non OEM tire at first change...ha...looks like it's a dark sider stock

Iridium plugs??
Forgot to ask what type of oil but from what the rep said, I shouldn't be needing to deal with that unless I see a puddle under the bike!

First service is 600 miles or so.

Low octane gas is fine.

Tires should last about 12K miles so won't be an issue for awhile.

No idea on the plugs but I'll ask next time I'm there for ya... ;)
geez Ty...tongue in cheek...tongue in cheek <oh wait, so was the reply :blink: >

it would have please me to no end to get your thread into NEPRT, though :rolleyes:

what octane gas ???

Iridium plugs??
Olive oil... virgin.

First service is 600 miles or so... on Mars.

Moonshine.

Tires should last about 1,254,359 miles so won't be an issue for awhile.

Ultraspiffiridium plugs.
geez Ty...tongue in cheek...tongue in cheek <oh wait, so was the reply :blink: >
Fixed. :p

what octane gas ???

Iridium plugs??
Olive oil... virgin.

First service is 600 miles or so... on Mars.

Moonshine.

Tires should last about 1,254,359 miles so won't be an issue for awhile.

Ultraspiffiridium plugs.
Fixed. :p
virgin

moon

don't get me started :yahoo:

Hey, where'd the pic go of her on it?? She looks good on it!! B) If she gets one, we'll have to do a Spyder ride... there is a growing "Y-factor X-factor" culture out there... the rep I bought the bike from said a lot of women are buying them as they are more stable and they feel more comfortable on it... :)
Fixed it for ya Tyler. :D

My wife Kat saw you on that bike and said (for the first time) she'd be interested in getting a motorcycle endorsement if she could ride "one of those". :yahoo:

Then she heard the price. :huh: But at least I know what she likes now...

Can't wait to see a ride report.

Hey, where'd the pic go of her on it?? She looks good on it!! B) If she gets one, we'll have to do a Spyder ride... there is a growing "Y-factor X-factor" culture out there... the rep I bought the bike from said a lot of women are buying them as they are more stable and they feel more comfortable on it... :)
Fixed it for ya Tyler. :D

My wife Kat saw you on that bike and said (for the first time) she'd be interested in getting a motorcycle endorsement if she could ride "one of those". :yahoo:

Then she heard the price. :huh: But at least I know what she likes now...

Can't wait to see a ride report.
In CA, you don't need an M1 to drive this... not sure about other states so you might want to double check. As for the price, keep an eye out on Craigslist or Cycletrader as used ones come up upon occasion and you might be able to get a good deal. CanAm has stopped production of the Spyders for a new vehicle they're coming out with (4-wheel ATV kind of thing, I believe) so they may be hard to come by for awhile. :)

In CA, you don't need an M1 to drive this... not sure about other states so you might want to double check. As for the price, keep an eye out on Craigslist or Cycletrader as used ones come up upon occasion and you might be able to get a good deal. CanAm has stopped production of the Spyders for a new vehicle they're coming out with (4-wheel ATV kind of thing, I believe) so they may be hard to come by for awhile. :)
A reply from ODOT:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The 3-wheeled Spyder does require a

motorcycle endorsement. If you take the drive test in a 3 wheeled

motorcycle the license would have a restriction that you are only

allowed to drive a 3 wheeled motorcycle until you pass a drive test in a

2 wheeled.

Cindy G

Customer Assistance

Oregon Department of Transportation

Driver and Motor Vehicle Services

1905 Lana Ave NE

Salem OR 97314"

A reply from ODOT:

2 wheeled.

Cindy G

Customer Assistance

1905 Lana Ave NE

Salem OR 97314"
I wouldn't believe a word ODOT tells ya. He's messed up... I'm jus sayin....

A reply from ODOT:

2 wheeled.

Cindy G

Customer Assistance

1905 Lana Ave NE

Salem OR 97314"
That's in Oregon... different states, different laws. We lane share here too... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A reply from ODOT:

2 wheeled.

Cindy G

Customer Assistance

1905 Lana Ave NE

Salem OR 97314"
That's in Oregon... different states, different laws. We lane share here too... :D
But look at all the morons you have to share the road with in Kalifornicator land!

I would think lane sharing is going to be a bit interesting on the Spyder. Hope people give you enough room. You need some of those chariot blades on the front wheels for those that get to close.