Drum roll please...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you bringing your new wheels to WCR?
Due to the fact that my employer was kind enough to give me 7 months "vacation" time to recupe from last year's accident, my time off balance is not what it used to be. Won't have the luxury of that kind of time to ride up/back but my flight is booked, reservation made, and connections acquired... I think it will be a spectacular time nonetheless. B)

Are you bringing your new wheels to WCR?
Due to the fact that my employer was kind enough to give me 7 months "vacation" time to recupe from last year's accident, my time off balance is not what it used to be. Won't have the luxury of that kind of time to ride up/back but my flight is booked, reservation made, and connections acquired... I think it will be a spectacular time nonetheless. B)
That's too bad but look forward to seeing you there. Think of the missed business opportunity; you could make a fortune charging dirty old men for rides!

As I have gotten older, I don't drink nearly as much as I want used to. When I do, it's usually to toast someone as freakin' awesome as you. KEEP ROCKIN', TYLER!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see you are back on the horse!
[SIZE=8pt](heard whispered to Catherine the Great)[/SIZE]
RadioHowie, I'd no idea you were also a student of Russian History! We could've talked about the Legend of Catherine and Mister Ed when we met for dinner. It could have been Trigger or Hi Yo Silver!

Last edited by a moderator:
RadioHowie, I'd no idea you were also a student of Russian History! We could've talked about the Legend of Catherine and Mister Ed when we met for dinner. It could have been Trigger or Hi Yo Silver!
Don, I'm a student of all things perverted, sick and disgusting, be it truth, legend, myth or total Snopes-fodder. :D

Congrats- you deserve it. We test road these when they first came out and had a lot of fun. One piece of advice- it feels like a motorcycle but does not countersteer. I made an unexpected left instead of the right I was countersteering for during my test ride. Opps.

Congrats- you deserve it. We test road these when they first came out and had a lot of fun. One piece of advice- it feels like a motorcycle but does not countersteer. I made an unexpected left instead of the right I was countersteering for during my test ride. Opps.
Oh yeah, believe me, I understand that! My friend, Scott, who come to ride around the neighborhood on my test ride was laughing at me because I kept trying to lean into the turns and wondering why it wasn't turning! The other thing that I found I was doing was choosing lane positions based on 2-wheels (i.e. avoiding the center of the lane). I was tracking to the left of center and then looked over at the left wheel that was riding on the DY and immediately corrected to get back centered... old habits die hard! ;) It will take some time to get used to this new way of riding... :)

Thank you everyone for your kind and supportive thoughts and words... I just spent this past weekend visiting with many of the folks in Idaho (EMT, docs, nurses) to say thank you and let them know that what they do makes a difference... pics and story to come soon! B)