• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Dynojet Power Commander (PCIII) Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PC III installed last Tuesday. I felt the difference immediately. Much smoother. Thanks for doing this.

Got my PCIII yesterday. Now I have to figure out how to install it. This will be my first time taking the tank off and finding everyong underneath. Should be interesting.........

Got mine Yesterday (Monday). Took about 1.5 hours to install. Was able to fit the tool bag, PCIII and the Autocom in the tool tray under the front seat (Gen I). Although I noticed some difference with the PCIII and a Wally's Smoothness map, I must admit that the changes are subtle and hardly noticable. Hopefully in the near future the PCIII will become more useful as I do a light airbox mod and add a Dale Walker header.

Got mine Yesterday (Monday). Took about 1.5 hours to install. Was able to fit the tool bag, PCIII and the Autocom in the tool tray under the front seat (Gen I). Although I noticed some difference with the PCIII and a Wally's Smoothness map, I must admit that the changes are subtle and hardly noticable. Hopefully in the near future the PCIII will become more useful as I do a light airbox mod and add a Dale Walker header.

I just installed the PCIII on my 06 & can’t believe the difference it has made in throttle response & smoothness, I should have got one long ago. :)

Just installed mine while on Holidays in Duluth MN. Got to do a run on Highway 61 that runs along Lake Superior and what an unbelievable difference. Smooth response on the throttle.

Luv It.

Great Job Larry!!

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Wow. I am not a "Me too" kinda guy, but holy shit!

It took me about 2 hours to get it in...mostly because I am not a wrench by any stretch of the imaination. I got to take it for a 15 minute ride afterwards and I could tell the difference in the first 100 feet. Nice and smooth with the stock map. No jerkyness (is that a word?) at all. Just nice and smooth. :D

I will have to play with some of the custom maps when I have a chance.

Thanks Larry.

[Where did you purchase? Thanks

OB

ote name=ngarider' date='Jun 20 2008, 08:27 AM' post='438232]

Great deal. I just bought one for $283 shipped, cheapest I could find. Wish I waited.

Best money I have spent. Works as advertised and the best part in smoothing out things is it does not take a toll on my back anymore as the jerkiness has been eliminated. Thanks!

Radical,

Just got mine in this weekend, and my thoughts excatly on the back and shoulder pain. Did 4 hours last night and 6 hours today, in all types of conditions, and among other things, it makes a huge difference in heavy traffic. I did find myself more likely to be going into turns/twisties at lower RPM's in a higher gear (3rd instead of 2nd), which is probably not a good thing. But overall, it's as smooth as "buddah"....

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want some more great improvement download the map M419-001. I did this last night and it is a new bike all over again. Unbelievable through out the power band.

I would like to amend my previous post about not 'feeling' much difference. While just toolin around the city and country side I do not feel much difference; however, when I became more aggresive things changed. As a note, I enabled the Accelerator pump on the PCIII, which I think has helped initial acceleration. Nevertheless, I went for an evening ride with my Concours 14 buddy. The pull during harder accelerations was impressive! The Seat of the pants meter says it's faster! The pull is more linear and stronger. At 140MPH :D I deceled momentarily (looking at traffic) then accelerated, seeing no one nearby. The pull at 140 was still VERY noticable! No Hyabusa pull by any stretch of the imagination, but still very positive. I noticed the C-14 had a harder time pulling away.

I cant wait for Dale Walker Headers and a Cdog Airbox mod...maybe next year???

I am a believer in the power of my commander IIIUSB.

Thanks Rider Coach Larry for the group buy.

Does anyones bike idel lower now?

I love the PCIII, however my idle seems low now. The bike idles around 5,000 RPM now. I can see me headlight flickering a bit when at stops signs and stop lights.

I love the PCIII, however my idle seems low now. The bike idles around 5,000 RPM now. I can see me headlight flickering a bit when at stops signs and stop lights.

5,000 or 500 RPM?

I would suggest re-installing the stock map and see if it still idles incorrectly. If yes, adjust idle accordingly and reinstall your current (or another map).

I'm hoping that you mean 500 RPM. My idle is lower too, went from around 1100 to 800. Bike runs great, so I'll just adjust the idle up a bit and all will be well.

My idle did go down a bit, but not to 500. I am in th 900-1000 range.

Yes, I meant 500, NOT 5,000. woops.

Maybe it has something to do with my altitude. 500 just seems to low. Anyone know how to adjust the map to increase it? I am not sure what to change.

Maybe it has something to do with my altitude. 500 just seems to low. Anyone know how to adjust the map to increase it? I am not sure what to change.

On the right side of the engine (between the side cowl and the engine frame...about where your knee is located) you'll see a brass looking nobbed screw with a phillips head on it. Screw in to increase idle and out to decrease idle.

On the right side of the engine (between the side cowl and the engine frame...about where your knee is located) you'll see a brass looking nobbed screw with a phillips head on it. Screw in to increase idle and out to decrease idle.
Thank you,

dj bill - Yes, the group buy is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.