Enlarging my fuel tank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks V65 for nominating this thread for FOTY (farkle of the year). I'm stuck waiting for a new round of HID brackets to be cut on the laser. I need to get back on this project. There isn't really that much left to finish.

read all directions 2 timesread directions again

follow directions to the letter..................

What directions do you suppose he is following for this project?
The reference was to a product being used to coat the inside of the fuel tank. ;)
Almost everybody knew that.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, almost apparently. I guess that makes me stupid. Thanks for the help palerider.

+1 on hoping to see the end result for this tank. Not that I can't relate to projects getting pushed but you got a lot of us very interested in how this will turn out. Very cool so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on hoping to see the end result for this tank. Not that I can't relate to projects getting pushed but you got a lot of us very interested in how this will turn out. Very cool so far.
Sorry for putting this on the back burner guys. Due to the crappy winter we've had this year, I’ve have 0 interest in riding lately. I've been inside remodeling my downstairs into a theater room the last 2 weeks. I know quite a few of you are following this tread. I will not disappoint.

Sorry for putting this on the back burner guys. Due to the crappy winter we've had this year, I’ve have 0 interest in riding lately. I've been inside remodeling my downstairs into a theater room the last 2 weeks. I know quite a few of you are following this tread. I will not disappoint.
This is a great thread. I tried to read most of it. I missed how much more fuel you figured it would hold. This is as innovative as Dean Tanjii fuel cell. If I could get up to 10 gals, I'd buy one.

Seeing as the tank mod has slowed, how 'bout at least giving us updates on the downstairs theatre remodelling. It WILL keep the thread near the top.

You guys are killing me! I honestly feel bad for dropping this project for so long.

I actually finished remodeling our house. It was finished in record time thanks to Monster energy drinks. I have 4 children so those drinks come in handy between 9-1am when I get all the work done. Of course what is the first thing you do when you have completely remodeled a home... you put it up for sale!

Selling the house ended up being more work than we originally thought it would be. It was a pain to keep the house in tip-top shape for the open houses, showings and such. It was worth it though. After 5 weeks it sold for the price we were asking.

For about a year we had been researching our options for purchasing a foreclosed home and remodeling it or building new and getting what we want from the start. In our area one can have a semi-custom home built for about the same price as remodeling an older home. Builders were eager for work so we had them start on the house a month before even putting our current house up for sale. We didn't even have to put any earnest $ down! I then had the builder leave off a bunch of crap that I can do myself. That brought the price down quite a bit. I've been wiring the garage, running TV, phone, internet, and sheet rocking the garage. Anyhow that will all be finished and we should be able to move within 5 weeks or so. I'll be homeless but debt free for about 5 days!! I'm pretty excited to be able to work in a garage AND park some vehicles in it for a change. The new garage isn't huge, but I'm plenty happy with it. 26x36 and I had the builder put 8x18 and 8x10 doors on. (That was only $175 extra) I also know some guys that seal floors such as Sam’s, Home depot, Case New Holland etc. I'm having them do the floors with a 2 stage coating process before I move in.

Back on topic :blink: I will pull the tank out of hiding and see how much I can get done in the next few days.

Have a good weekend!

Can't imagine why you can't finish the tank. Once you do you will start to receive lots of requests from the board, "Hey can you build me one? How soon can I have it? What's taking you so long? I paid you some money down, what's the holdup? I'm going on an Iron Butt Million mile ride and I need the big tank, you are holding me up!"

You my want to just leave the tank in the box and finish on your own schedule.