EOM 2008 Planning & Information

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hotel info hasn't been announced yet, S76. Why did you make your reservations outside of our room block? Any reason besides excitement?

Edited to add: oops, you must be paying more attention then me. I see that Wayne has settled w/ the hotel.

Last edited by a moderator:
"BUMP"

Hotel info posted (see post #1). Webmaster is working on website for event registration. It's early, but glad to see the interest and excitement already.

Also, make sure when you make reservations, that you mention that you are with the FJR motorcycle group, group number 1300.

Wayne

"BUMP"
Hotel info posted (see post #1). Webmaster is working on website for event registration. It's early, but glad to see the interest and excitement already.

Also, make sure when you make reservations, that you mention that you are with the FJR motorcycle group, group number 1300.

Wayne
I completed the hotel registration today. Candy was hip to the group and processed the registration in a flash.

I'm betting my brand new FJR will 7,500 miles on it by then. I'm ready to RIDE. This cold weather just flat sucks. I'm seriously ready for spring. :yahoo: :yahoo:

We'll do a little warm up 'ya here in GA and TN this weekend. Anybody wanna HOT FRIED PIE?

Thanks to all the folks who are working on this rally. It sure looks to be a great one.

I completed the hotel registration today. Candy was hip to the group and processed the registration in a flash. I'm betting my brand new FJR will 7,500 miles on it by then. I'm ready to RIDE. This cold weather just flat sucks. I'm seriously ready for spring. :yahoo: :yahoo:
Oh puhleeze!! :angry:

I'm in! :yahoo: Reservations just made for Friday & Sat night. I don't know if I'll be able to leave work early on Thursday to get there Thursday night. If I don't, I'd be riding in around 8-9pm. Not too sure if I want to head in that late. Didn't want to have to slab it in, but I can. Depends on work and weather if I make it Thursday night or Friday AM.

I believe I spoke with Candy also, but if anyone else does, and you want to get a chuckle out of her, you might say something about living on " Suck Creek ". My road name is DUCK Creek and she had hit the "S" instead of the "D" so I now live on Suck Creek Rd. I thought living in the sticks was gonna be bad, but wasn't aware of this aspect of it!

Hotel info hasn't been announced yet, S76. Why did you make your reservations outside of our room block? Any reason besides excitement?
Edited to add: oops, you must be paying more attention then me. I see that Wayne has settled w/ the hotel.

I wanted to get in early enough to ensure I get the room with the red heart shaped hot tub! They only have two. I think Jeff got the other one.

eomshirtbackdraft1.jpg
Updated: 15 Feb 08

Alright, folks, here's the somewhat official word on the 2008 Eastern Owners Meet.

What: EOM '08

When: 19 – 21 September 2008

Where: Brier Inn

304 N. Jefferson Street

Lewisburg, WV

(304) 645-7722

Update 15 Febuary 2008:

Hotel rates have been finalized and listed below. The Brier Inn is ready to take reservations now. Our group reservation number is "1300". Just let them know you are with the FJR motorcycle group. If any issues should come up, make sure to let me know so that I can assist with working it out with hotel management.

Single Occupancy Rate: $64.00 + Tax

Double Occupancy Rate: $69.00 + Tax

Reservation / front desk: (304) 645-7722

Here is the list of volunteers thus far and the tasks they are heading up:

What & Who:

Local interpreter: spklbuk

Swag beggar (Door Prizes): Thompsonian

Dinner: luv2ride (& official bug-da-crap-out-of-da-organizer-posting guru)

Mapping Guru: Haulin'Ashe

T-Shirts: Premier Cycle Accessories - OHFJR

Nametags: Violione

Map / Direction printer: FJRFencer & Violione

Webmaster: jwilly

We will also be setting up a dinner banquet for Saturday evening, following last year's schedule.

There will be much more info to follow, and I will update this post as I get it.

More to follow, so check back often.

Wayne

I have it on my calendar. Thanks for your work. If you need some help let me know.

Got our reservations for thur. fri. and sat. We're in the room with the free beer!
Hmmm. Wana trade for a red heart shaped hot tub?

Or maybe we could combine the two and end up with a red heart shaped hot tub full of beer!

Endless posibilities here....

Got our reservations for thur. fri. and sat. We're in the room with the free beer!
Hmmm. Wana trade for a red heart shaped hot tub?

Or maybe we could combine the two and end up with a red heart shaped hot tub full of beer!

Endless posibilities here....
I'll take the free beer over the hot tub any day. They didn't offer me that option when I signed up. :angry2:

Just to be clear for some folks that are spending the whole weekend at the hotel. I see that people are posting up that they made reservations Thursday, Friday & Saturday. If Wayne is indeed doing the meet dates similar to last year's EOM, there will be folks that are arriving on Thursday night but that isn't officially part of the meet. The meet is Friday, Saturday & Sunday & go home on Monday. That's ok if your plans are Thursday, Friday & Saturday. Just trying to be helpful just in case.

Since it's not going to rain on Friday this year, I reserved four nights. Arrive Thursday evening and leave Monday morning.