EOM 2008 Planning & Information

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy Ingo, not long ago I was wondering if you were still around & part of the FJR gang. How's it going?
EOM is a huge amount of fun. Do come and join us,

Heidi
Hi Heidi

It's been a long time.

Yeah, doing good here. I will plan on being at the EOM this year. Glad you guys made it the weekend after the MotoGP race. That way I can attend both events.

Ingo

What time is dinner on Saturday?
Depends on how long the line is at KFC.

Will the name tags be ready if I show up on Tuesday?
No, pick up a sharpie and scribble your name on your T-shirt.

Will someone please delete the routes from last year, all those curves scared me. :blink:
Maybe you should go to wfo instead.

Can someone load the maps into my gps when I get there, I have a Mac and it's not compatible with Garmin.
Stop at the state welcome center and get your own map.

Will there be any special door prizes for FJRFencer this year?
Definitely, but he probably won't be there to accept it if there's rain in the forcast the day he leaves for EOM.

What time is the burnout competition in the parking lot?
Yes, Right after the wheelie & stoppie events

Can we please impose a speed limit on Haulin Ashe in the parking lot?
EDIT: Yes, parking lot speed will be limited to 93MPH (H-Ashe on own bike) or 128 (h-ashe on anyone else's bike).

Make sure to shine up your bike and bring out all of your bling for the posers competition on Friday night.
Each rider will need to show proof of either Daytona Bikeweek or Sturgis attendance in order to be admitted to parking lot.

And lastly! Can we please have Scab as the MC again this year!!
Yes, Thanks for volunteering again, Scab!

How's that for stirrin' things up?

-wr

Last edited by a moderator:
What time is dinner on Saturday?
Will the name tags be ready if I show up on Tuesday?

Will someone please delete the routes from last year, all those curves scared me. :blink:

Can someone load the maps into my gps when I get there, I have a Mac and it's not compatible with Garmin.

Will there be any special door prizes for FJRFencer this year?

What time is the burnout competition in the parking lot?

Make sure to shine up your bike and bring out all of your bling for the posers competition on Friday night.

And lastly! Can we please have Scab as the MC again this year!!

Is that better Luvtoride?
Don't forget to ask...

What time is the rain expected on Friday (I ruined my hairdo last year)

EDIT: Yes, parking lot speed will be limited to 93MPH (H-Ashe on own bike) or 128 (h-ashe on anyone else's bike).

If you guys will distract Jeff (that shouldn't be hard) I'll take those Remus pipes off his bike and "test" them on mine for, oh, say a year or two...

EDIT: Each rider will need to show proof of either Daytona Bikeweek or Sturgis attendance in order to be admitted to parking lot.

This idiot won't be makin' the trip:

https://www.clutchandchrome.com/News/0804/News0804021.htm

New motorcycle, tragic consequences

By the Staff of Clutch and Chrome

April 4th, 2008

A tragic story from upper-state New York lends further credence to not only motorcycle safety courses but also riders buying bikes within their abilities.

Dennis Walden, 56, bought his new 2008 Harley Davidson in New Windsor, New York but never made it onto public roads. He was killed in the dealership parking lot after losing control and crashing into a parked vehicle.

Mr. Walden had just purchased the motorcycle from Jim Moroney’s Cycle Shop Thursday evening and wasn't wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.

He was pronounced dead after being transported to the local hospital.

Looking forward to my first EOM... :yahoo: I do alot of riding in WVA and it is truly a fantastic state for riding. You can choose the highways or the byways all routes are excellent. The ride from Elkins to Lewisburg on 219 is probably one of the best rides that is out there, bring a camera because the sites are awesome! Not to be out done Rt. 220 from Seneca Rocks to Covington is even more fun. I rode my V-star all over WVA but now the fun begins with my 2008 FJR! See you then.

Ankhman

Looking forward to my first EOM... :yahoo: I do alot of riding in WVA and it is truly a fantastic state for riding. You can choose the highways or the byways all routes are excellent. The ride from Elkins to Lewisburg on 219 is probably one of the best rides that is out there, bring a camera because the sites are awesome! Not to be out done Rt. 220 from Seneca Rocks to Covington is even more fun. I rode my V-star all over WVA but now the fun begins with my 2008 FJR! See you then.
Ankhman

+1 on 219. Got to enjoy it last year from Huttonsville to L'burg. 250 east of huttonsville wasn't bad either. I think WV was made for the FJR. Will be my first EOM too hopefully.

w00t! Been away for a couple months and come back to find that we get to head back to WV again! Outstanding!

Hopefully this time we'll get to run 311 in better than torrential rain with 40' visibility. Thanks to the stepper-uppers for stepping up and getting this going for 2008!

Was hoping to get back down there after EOM 2007 as the area was fantastic but didn't have enough time to explore all the great routes!

See you all there!

Just signed up in the forum and am interested in attending the 2008 EOM, do you need any info from me?

P.S.

Already made reservations.

Bob H.

Just signed up in the forum and am interested in attending the 2008 EOM, do you need any info from me?
P.S.

Already made reservations.

Bob H.
Bob,

There will be a seperate EOM registration website. It will be up in the next day or so, we are just waiting for some information about the tshirts.

Look forward to meeting you.

JW

Heidi's buying.
Well, I'm surprised we haven't seen a surge in registrations since we know who's buying. :winksmiley: :friends:
May I point out the obvious for those that aren't sure if this is a serious conversation... I hope ya'll don't hold your breath.

I forgot to add... Greg, did you have to go back to page 2 to find this? Yeah well, seems like you might need a more interesting job? ;)

This is just crazy.........................

I leave tomorrow morning for Daniels WV where I'll be attending a conference all week at the resort at Glade Springs. I have to leave and fly back home on Friday the 19th............and I'll be only 45 miles West of you guys! :angry:

:(

Ya'll have fun.

Latest posts