EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep it up, Wheatie, and you'll be ordained as the M-C for the night...

That's it...I'm registering asap.

Not every FJR event can you get an official extrememarine "need for speed" T-shirt. :D

PS-These suckers are gonna be worth a fortune on "Antique Road Show" someday. I GARantee! :lol:

Nah...he's just a Canadian living on a gov't pension. All Canadians get an FJR, a wad of ca$h, a thousand shares of Timmy's stock, and a travelling stipend when they retire at age 50. ;)
I guess the word is out :yahoo:
Brother Tom, you have failed to also mention the free yearly "date" with Pamela Anderson; you know eh, you just cannot forget that included Canuckistani "benefit" Hoser! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

pamela+anderson+hot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently purchased an '06. This will be my first trip on the bike. Looking forward to living on it for a few days. Have recently sold a VTX that I never really liked but was very comfortable for touring. Hope to do the same with this bike but in greater style. Also looking forward to meeting some of you folks and hearing about your experiences with the bikes.

Tim North

Recently purchased an '06. This will be my first trip on the bike. Looking forward to living on it for a few days. Have recently sold a VTX that I never really liked but was very comfortable for touring. Hope to do the same with this bike but in greater style. Also looking forward to meeting some of you folks and hearing about your experiences with the bikes.

Tim North
I came off a VTX as well... 1300C. Nice bike but I kept dragging metal parts. It simply didn't do it for me like the FJR does.

Wayne, That is 33 going up Shenendoah Mt isn't it?
I am pretty sure it was on this section of WV33 westbound towards Franklin. It looks right on street view.

We were moving north to escape the rain that morning, we ran out of Franklin, and doubled back as weather was moving in. We ended up just outside of Elkins before the rain hit. Heavy rain. I distictly remember the sign in Elkins "Lewisburg 100 miles". It was a miserable ride south on 219 in the rain.

Glad to hear you'll make it, Tim. There is no better place to check out bike modifications and accessories than at an owner's meet like EOM. We'll see you there - don't forget to make your reservations and hit www.fjreom.com for registration information.

Wayne

Tim North

Update on Map / Route Files

The route files are getting close to being final - Jeff and Lee are giving a good working over. We'll let everyone know when they are posted to the google docs folder for download.

-Wayne

The route files are getting close to being final - Jeff and Lee are giving a good working over. We'll let everyone know when they are posted to the google docs folder for download.

-Wayne
& I have that waterfall ride ready to go. I'm sending it to Lee for critiquing today. It's a waterfall ride but I want it on good roads, too.

-Wayne
& I have that waterfall ride ready to go. I'm sending it to Lee for critiquing today. It's a waterfall ride but I want it on good roads, too.
That's right. You have to make up for that goat path on the Breaks trip!

-Wayne
Ah, that goat path wasn't so bad, lol. At least there wasn't a water crossing involved and it DID lead us to some great stuff. :)

lol! Yes, that is the only reason that I do anything for EOM participants, Bob.

Actually, that was pretty embarrassing. When planning I had taken a look @ the road on Google Street view & didn't see gravel. & actually there was pavement... it was just under gravel. Just glad the road wasn't worse than it was.

That & I want a rep like Haulin ash... the goat trail king... not!

actually there was pavement... it was just under gravel.
That pavement looked an awfull lot like rocks sticking up out of the ground to me. Especially near the top! :p

Edited to add: The rest of the loop made up for it though!