EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coordinates of the waterfalls would definitely help. Maybe Georgia Roller can help out here???? or maybe someone already has some??? & I'd assume folks are to make their own decision about the day. I do not plan to lead anyone.
If you gather the coordinates for waterfalls you wish to visit and then enter them as Waypoints in Mapsucks, Mapsucks can build an optimized route for you. It will probably need some tweaking, but it would be a great start. The final result saved as GPX should be very portable, with the only downside being all the waterfall locations will be loaded as Favorites.

ather the coordinates for waterfalls you wish to visit and then enter them as Waypoints in Mapsucks, Mapsucks can build an optimized route for you. It will probably need some tweaking, but it would be a great start. The final result saved as GPX should be very portable, with the only downside being all the waterfall locations will be loaded as Favorites.
Actually, I am going to build a route incorporating roads already planned. Well, that's the plan right this minute, anyway. That is based on whether I actually get coordinates to make waypoints out of. I'm not a wizard @ Mapsource by no means... but work my way around it ok. Thanks for the advice.

& waterfalls saved as favorites??? You say that like its a bad thing.

Coordinates of the waterfalls would definitely help. Maybe Georgia Roller can help out here???? or maybe someone already has some??? & I'd assume folks are to make their own decision about the day. I do not plan to lead anyone.
WATERFALL MAP LINK (Click on the placemarks for the name of the waterfall & there is a website address listed as well for more detailed information)

Here is a map of 10 waterfalls in the area with easy access. It is a 260 mile loop total as currently layed out. Some really terrific riding as well. All of the locations are just about exact to where the waterfall parking area is for each one & all of these falls have signs at the road for them.

Waterfalls are: (Starting at the top of the map and going clockwise)

1- Mingo Falls - Free Parking - 10 min. walk to falls

2- Lower Falls @ Graveyard Fields - Free Parking - 10 min walk to falls - Far right hand side of parking lot entrance...stairs going down...stay right all the way to the falls.

3- Looking Glass Falls - Free Parking - No walking...Can see falls from parking lot

4- Hooker Falls - Honor system parking fee - 10 min. walk down stream on easy flat path

5- Whitewater Falls - Honor system parking fee - 5 min. walk

6- Silver Run Falls - Free parking side of road - 5 min. flat walk

7- Glenn Falls - Free Parking - 15min. walk to top of falls

8- Bridal Veil Falls - Free Parking - Ride bike behind falls

9- Dry Falls - Honor system parking fee - Can see falls from parking lot

10- Juney Wank Falls (Deep Creek Area) - Honor system parking fee - 10-15 min walk

I'm not saying you should try to see all 10 waterfalls in one day...but you can do this loop route because it's a terrific mountain motorcycle riding route and you can pick and choose which falls you want to visit along the way. That would be my suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
WATERFALL MAP LINK (Click on the placemarks for the name of the waterfall & there is a website address listed as well for more detailed information)

Here is a map of 10 waterfalls in the area with easy access. It is a 260 mile loop total as currently layed out. Some really terrific riding as well. All of the locations are just about exact to where the waterfall parking area is for each one & all of these falls have signs at the road for them.

Waterfalls are: (Starting at the top of the map and going clockwise)

1- Mingo Falls - Free Parking - 10 min. walk to falls

2- Lower Falls @ Graveyard Fields - Free Parking - 10 min walk to falls - Far right hand side of parking lot entrance...stairs going down...stay right all the way to the falls.

3- Looking Glass Falls - Free Parking - No walking...Can see falls from parking lot

4- Hooker Falls - Honor system parking fee - 10 min. walk down stream on easy flat path

5- Whitewater Falls - Honor system parking fee - 5 min. walk

6- Silver Run Falls - Free parking side of road - 5 min. flat walk

7- Glenn Falls - Free Parking - 15min. walk to top of falls

8- Bridal Veil Falls - Free Parking - Ride bike behind falls

9- Dry Falls - Honor system parking fee - Can see falls from parking lot

10- Juney Wank Falls (Deep Creek Area) - Honor system parking fee - 10-15 min walk

I'm not saying you should try to see all 10 waterfalls in one day...but you can do this loop route because it's a terrific mountain motorcycle riding route and you can pick and choose which falls you want to visit along the way. That would be my suggestion.
Thank you, will need to look @ this more in depth later.

Well, I'm certainly planning on selecting and loading some routes in my GPS (as soon as the gurus post some up) and I plan on riding those routes based off my GPS instead of following around someone who thinks they have a good route taped to their tank bag. I learned my lesson recently by following around someone who was trying to do a route backwards based off a paper map... after the fourth or fifth u-turn it got a little old.

The poor guy was trying hard and I felt bad for him... but I felt worse that I didn't get the best ride in that I could.

What's worse is that I actually HAD some great routes loaded in the GPS but followed the pack without verifying what the leader was doing until it was too late. Lesson learned and passed along... make sure your leader knows where he's going! :huh:

Well, I'm certainly planning on selecting and loading some routes in my GPS (as soon as the gurus post some up) and I plan on riding those routes based off my GPS instead of following around someone who thinks they have a good route taped to their tank bag. I learned my lesson recently by following around someone who was trying to do a route backwards based off a paper map... after the fourth or fifth u-turn it got a little old.

The poor guy was trying hard and I felt bad for him... but I felt worse that I didn't get the best ride in that I could.

What's worse is that I actually HAD some great routes loaded in the GPS but followed the pack without verifying what the leader was doing until it was too late. Lesson learned and passed along... make sure your leader knows where he's going! :huh:
Should have come with Will & I...it was interesting :pogranichnik: , to say the least :swoon2:

The EOM 2012 website lives!

Go visit at:www.fjreom.com. The site will show as "fjreomcom.ipage.com" in your browser address line.

Registration is also open now via the registration page on fjreom.com ( you will be taken to Eventbrite.com to complete the registration process).

The cut off for EOM t-shirts is 3 September 2012. All registration after that point will not get a t-shirt.

Have a question or issue, contact me via [email protected].

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a double booked at Quality Inns for Thur, Fri, Sat nights and am still looking for someone to split the room cost with me --- $201.12 (US Dollar) including taxes of: 11.75%

Yes I'm a old guy on a fixed income (read retired) & a newbie to the EOM.

PM me or reply if interested

Thanks, Bruce

I have a double booked at Quality Inns for Thur, Fri, Sat nights and am still looking for someone to split the room cost with me --- $201.12 (US Dollar) including taxes of: 11.75%

Yes I'm a old guy on a fixed income (read retired) & a newbie to the EOM.

PM me or reply if interested

Thanks, Bruce
PM sent :)

The final preparations have been completed. Oh wait. I still have to pack. OK registration and hotel are done anyway!