EOM 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if anyone has seen the menu posted over on www.fjreom.com or not; if there is anyone who wants a vegetarian meal, I need to know no later than Sunday (16 September 2012). PM me.
Vegans don't ride FJR's...maybe a prius
You'd be surprised.

Some even put silly ass car tires on a sport touring bike...so anything is possible. :blink:

What Wayne is talking about is under Itinerary&FAQ

It reads

Banquet meal catered by Shipman Catering of Hendersonville

Menu includes: Beef Brisket, Chicken Florentine, Fresh red skin mashed potatoes, grilled fresh vegetables, toss salad & dressings, fresh fruit, rolls, sweet & unsweet tea, lemonade, and dessert.

Vegetarian plates are available upon request – contact [email protected] prior to 17 September 2012.

Thanks, Tom.

Ya know, last year I got blasted for not broadcasting the fact that Cumberland Falls was in a dry county - you have to travel about 20-30 miles to buy "adult beverages".

Since I have no response thus far about the vegy meals, I figured I'd put it out there again. I can just about bet money that on Monday or Tuesday (actually, probably right after I get off the phone with Shipman's) when I check my email, there will be a message from someone asking if they can get a vegy meal. I will answer (politely) "No, not now".

What Wayne is talking about is under Itinerary&FAQ

It reads

Banquet meal catered by Shipman Catering of Hendersonville

Menu includes: Beef Brisket, Chicken Florentine, Fresh red skin mashed potatoes, grilled fresh vegetables, toss salad & dressings, fresh fruit, rolls, sweet & unsweet tea, lemonade, and dessert.

Vegetarian plates are available upon request – contact [email protected] prior to 17 September 2012.

Note to EOM webmaster - automatically delete email traffic from userID: "El Toro Joe" and all associated aliases.

Oh, wait, Tuesday, I'll be not anywhere with internet reception. bummer... But I'll be thinking about Joe as I'm traveling Rt16 in VA & WV...

Note to self...send Wayne a message on Tuesday about a vegan meal :lol: ;) :D

I can't Find the menu anywhere. Where exactly is it? :unsure:

Oops! Never mind. I just read a few posts above! I'm not awake yet!! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
ha, ha, you got it.

I'll be thinking about everyone who is still at work on Tuesday and not out riding... Probably be thinking about them on Monday, too, while taking in the Cherohala and NC 28 as well.

Please tell me you won't be thinking about Joe on Rt 16. :eek:

Oh...I get it...it was a joke wasn't it. :clapping:

:D

...But I'll be thinking about Joe as I'm traveling Rt16 in VA & WV...

ha, ha, you got it.

I'll be thinking about everyone who is still at work on Tuesday and not out riding... Probably be thinking about them on Monday, too, while taking in the Cherohala and NC 28 as well.

Please tell me you won't be thinking about Joe on Rt 16. :eek:

Oh...I get it...it was a joke wasn't it. :clapping:

:D

...But I'll be thinking about Joe as I'm traveling Rt16 in VA & WV...

Have a good time ya lucky bastard. I on the other hand can't wait til 11:30am on the 19th, at which time I will be heading south :yahoo:

1 week from now I will be on the road. Cannot wait!

Final Pre-Flight maintenance underway...

2012-09-11202552.jpg

1 week from now I will be on the road. Cannot wait!
In 7 days and 110 minutes I'll be rolling wheel south. Went and got some 'merican funds and some out of country medical over my lunch hour today. All that's left is to put a travel advisory on my CC's and call the hotel to tell them Tom will try to be checking in before me and to tell him to wait in the lobby.

2012-09-11202552.jpg
You were in Space Balls weren't you.

2012-09-11202552.jpg
Tires... That's what I have left to do before I take off for EOM. Taking the wheels off tonight. Oh what a thrill! I've never taken the front tire off/on before. I expect it's alot easier than the rear which I HAVE done.

Oh, I like your "road blocks" Wayne. Another use for side bags... there not just huge sliders anymore.