EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the Camera speed trap...... How do you know about that?
...My guess is that he got a present in his mailbox...watch out in some of these NC towns. I thought I read of some other NC town that had camera traps as well.
Yep.
treaten.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
...My guess is that he got a present in his mailbox...watch out in some of these NC towns. I thought I read of some other NC town that had camera traps as well.
nope not in NC, state supreme court made them take down the cameras.
Must be Virginia then? Is Bristol in Virginia?
If I'm not mistaken; downtown Bristol is half in VA and half in TN. State St splits the two states! Wild but true!

nope not in NC, state supreme court made them take down the cameras.
Must be Virginia then? Is Bristol in Virginia?
If I'm not mistaken; downtown Bristol is half in VA and half in TN. State St splits the two states! Wild but true!
you are not mistaken,the cameras are in tn. out by the speedway

This week a person told me of a road called the "Rattler" I have never heard of it before. May have to try it someday. That is if I can get out the driveway.https://www.209therattler.com/index.html

I ran the Rattler last week and it is an awesome road to ride. Starts out with some great scenary and then gets into the twisties. At the end if you keep going onto 208 the fun keeps going. Truly there aren't many bad roads. The Foothills parkway was a great scenic road for those who want to take in the scenary. 441 up and over the blue hills is a hoot also with plenty of places to stop for picture taking. I was hoping to post up a ride report but it will be a busy week for me. I am afraid that this will be my own personal EOM trip. I spent the whole week down there and didn't see one FJR rider. The dragon was empty.

Dave

Wow... zooming in and looking at the roads around that area on Google really highlights how many fantastic looking squiggly lines there are there....

Oh No Extreme! Not the "EOM 500"?!?! Luvtoride's quote from last year sent chills up my spine. "Just like an ugly women, that 500 mile route has 10 foot pole marks all over it". :))
Brenda and I really enjoyed the EOM 500.....it was a really long day 2-up and riding alone but on the other hand it was a really great ride....we had lunch in a little town called Damascus, VA.

Has anyone talked to the Maggie Valley hotel lately? I've been calling them for a few days now to add a few days to my reservation and no one answers the phone.

I was there last week, There are still open. Check the # maybe?Dave
It's the number on their website and the number where I made the original reservations with. No big deal. It must be a Maggie Valley thing. Things are more relaxed in NC! :)
Ok! They finally answered. I'm getting there early and leaving later. I'm all set! :)

I was there last week, There are still open. Check the # maybe?

Dave
It's the number on their website and the number where I made the original reservations with. No big deal. It must be a Maggie Valley thing. Things are more relaxed in NC!
smile.png
Ok! They finally answered. I'm getting there early and leaving later. I'm all set! :)
Are you sure you didn't drunk dial before?? I've heard that worse things have happened on the Forum...

I was there last week, There are still open. Check the # maybe?Dave
It's the number on their website and the number where I made the original reservations with. No big deal. It must be a Maggie Valley thing. Things are more relaxed in NC! :)
Are you sure you didn't drunk dial before?? I've heard that worse things have happened on the Forum...
Nope! I was quite sober. :))