EOM 2013 - Maggie Valley, NC 20-22 September 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well look what my friendly neighbourhood delivery moose just showed up with!

9786134505_3fb19c6ec2_o.jpg

Off with the Airhawk! Talk about good timing!

Russell hasn't showed up yet
sad.png
Airhawk on the bike. They've still got a couple of hours to get it to me.
Sure glad I didn't pull out of here this morning, -2C and a hard frost. Woke up to the sounds of people scraping their windshields for the first time this year. Last years ride down I left and it was +2C and raining hard, which turned to sleet about 50km south of here, That was balls.
IMO this event is one week too late.
Sorry to disagree, but IMHO last week I wouldn't have liked wearing ATGATT. It's more comfortable wearing ATGATT when the weather is a little on the cool side. Bungie will be just fine once he gets a little ways south from home.
smile.png

The timing of the meet should be based around the weather in the hosting area, not mine.

This time of year is about perfect for me except for the AM temps. Cool enough to make AGATT comfy and it's great fun posting up on Facebook from the top of the Blueridge Parkway @ 75F while most of my friends here are struggling with rain and 50F for the daytime high.

Seat is on the bike, I'm about to go load it up, grab a bite to eat, then on the road for me.

9786134505_3fb19c6ec2_o.jpg

GEEEEZ, and I thought I had a russel barkolounger.

omg2.gif
We could be tied.

Dave
grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta keep the passenger happy :)

Got it about an hour before I pulled out for EOM. Rode 6hrs. Butt is happy once again. God bless Russell.

One complaint though, I got it in Dark Gray leather. The color sample online was considerably darker. Meh, I can't see it when I'm sitting on it.

GEEEEZ, and I thought I had a russel barkolounder.
omg2.gif
We could be tied.

Well.....I have not even looked at the forum in months because I knew the EOM was not going to happen for us, sad but true.

Then....this evening the stars seemed to line up and the wife said " too much going on, I'm not going, but you can".

HOLY S*+T!! It may happen after all.

Wayne looks like you're only a couple hundred miles from where I plan to overnight. Spot tracker... cool!

Well if I win the power ball tonight I might be a little late getting to EOM this weekend. But if I do, you all that are there get a new bike on me!

Ok, Kind of late to the party, but I'm comming now.

I know I end up as a once a year wonder on the EOM's, but I'm back into the states for the weekend, made the reservations, and packing tonight.

Heading from KY to NC tomorrow. Now, I do have to add the disclaimer that I'm a "former" FJR owner. I still miss my 04 occassionally (especially in bad weather), but I will be bringing the skinny italian girlfriend.

See everyone there!!!