Etymotic is replacing "defective" ER6i earphones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrjonesing

Reaction score
One channel of my ER6is started shorting out last weekend. Truth is, I caught the loop on the door knob and they got a good yanking when I shut the door. I Googled and found hordes of folks resoldering broken Etymotics, and I started to take a shot at it, but decided to call Etymotic first, having heard rumors of wonderful customer service.

I spoke with Customer Service lady, Patsy, who promptly gave me an RMA# and said send em in- Etymotic was aware that they had a problem with weak plugs and had redesigned the Er6i's to have a stouter, elbowed plug. She said that Etymotic was replacing them under warranty. I mentioned *clearly* at the outset that I was *pretty sure* mine were out of warranty, but she didn't ask me about purchase dates. She asked specifically (pacifically, as we say here in Louisiana) if they were white with the straight plug so I'm not sure what of this applies to the black ones or other models. But I'm sending two pair in (can't find my third) that have suffered this fate over the past 4 years or so, and hoping for the best.

Spreading the word.

Jim/jonesing