F*c%ing Weather!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...convergent zone checking in, another inch or so adding to this years total. This white $hit is getting old. :angry2:

I may have to ride today. It's already 72 degrees F, the roads are empty, the FJR siren song sings out to me..
Here's to you buddy...

:****:

--G

Lightweight.

;)

Next time get your honey do jobs done on Friday and ride on Sat. I did 460 miles yesterday riding up to Yakima and other places. Mostly sunny and blue sky, but a LOT of wind. About 50 miles of rain at the front end.

A little white stuff yesterday and woke up to only about an inch. Now it's at just over 4". This is gonna be it for the year though :derisive:

Edit; Well, a little bit more than 3 hours later and it has again stopped @ ~ 7" :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
As promised, from today. Low 70s, very strong breeze off the Gulf, strong surf and riptides so swimming is a bad idea.

Really feel sorry for you folks still disfavored by the jet stream. Truly. :p

DSC_2837.jpg

DSC_2838.jpg

DSC_2842.jpg

DSC_2845.jpg

Lightweight. ;)
Next time get your honey do jobs done on Friday and ride on Sat. I did 460 miles yesterday riding up to Yakima and other places. Mostly sunny and blue sky, but a LOT of wind. About 50 miles of rain at the front end.
Yep, OCfjr and I went dam hunting again yesterday. As he said, just gotta get out there and go.

Near Rock Creek Dam near Tygh Valley. Mt. Hood is in those clouds somewhere, along with some falling snow.

dbd290ec.jpg

Near Satus Pass on Hwy 97 on the way back from Yakima

71127d29.jpg

Icefalls near Satus Pass

83e2ff66.jpg

Wapato Dam outside Yakima

f79ce8dc.jpg

Don't post beach pics .... unless you want a whole lot of company. The NE has been clobbered and the NW is still cold , snow in the passes and crap all over the roads.

Had a nice ride today here. About 50 degrees, breezy, but beautiful. I've not have to charge the battery on the bike since "storing" it - I've been able to ride at least one day every month, and it's started right up every time. Very reliable.

Alas, though, we've got more weather coming in tonight, so still no commuting to work in Boston just yet. Boring.

But I got my fix today, and a pleasure it was, too. Can't wait to again start riding daily.

As promised, from today. Low 70s, very strong breeze off the Gulf, strong surf and riptides so swimming is a bad idea.
I hope you get a good case of the runs........ no, wait, sunburn............ no, wait, the clap.......... no, wait, lice.........no, wait, boils............. no, wait, ghey................... :asshat2:

:finger:

Busted outside around noontime for a nice long easy ride to break-in the feejer. Beautiful sunny day, about 45+ degrees.

Plug in the heated vest & off I go. 5 hours and about 300 miles later I roll up to the home and into a nice warm garage... big ol' grin. :yahoo:

Pulled into Sound Harley in Smokey Point for my afternoon latte.......... not a bike in sight, 'cept me and da feejer.

Bunch of wussies!

Yea, baby........... :scooter:

I hope you get a good case of the runs........ no, wait, sunburn............ no, wait, the clap.......... no, wait, lice.........no, wait, boils............. no, wait, ghey................... :asshat2:
Stephen, you're kinda new at this. Allow me to assist...

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest in your armpits, while you have an early transmission failure on the freeway, at rush hour, in your cage, on a 110F day, with a broken A/C unit, while following a leaking cesspool cleaning truck.

;)

[SIZE=8pt]It's ok, the FL guys are already cursed with a lack of curvy roads.[/SIZE]

BBQ, you're just havin' wayyy too much fun up there! Slow down, before ya hurt yourself.....

Damn 'ol guys. Give 'em an inch.......... :friends:

:finger:
I have suffered two of those afflictions, if that makes you feel any better.

Which 2? Well, I do spend too much time outdoors sometimes, like forgetting to take sunscreen to an air show, and if I go to a pizza buffet for lunch, sometimes I just overdo it a little bit. But the waiter was ghey. . . .

Glad you got your ride, anyways!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest in your armpits, while you have an early transmission failure on the freeway, at rush hour, in your cage, on a 110F day, with a broken A/C unit, while following a leaking cesspool cleaning truck. ;)

[SIZE=8pt]It's ok, the FL guys are already cursed with a lack of curvy roads.[/SIZE]
I guess the cesspool fluids would kill the fleas, though, huh? And I keep posting this sign, I swear it's in Florida!

KnoxHill.jpg

Had a nice ride today here. About 50 degrees, breezy, but beautiful. I've not have to charge the battery on the bike since "storing" it - I've been able to ride at least one day every month, and it's started right up every time. Very reliable.
Alas, though, we've got more weather coming in tonight, so still no commuting to work in Boston just yet. Boring.

But I got my fix today, and a pleasure it was, too. Can't wait to again start riding daily.
My brother just emailed me to say he saw bikes on the road in Boston but he didn't bother pulling out the GoldWing...too hard to rinse off the road salt and grime. Almost Spring though...