Fairing Racing Stripes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HEY OHFJR,
HAVE YOU THOUGHT OR BEEN ASKED ABOUT DOING A STRIPE THAT RUNS ALONG THE UPPER LINE OF THE HARD BAGS??

HEY OHFJR,
HAVE YOU THOUGHT OR BEEN ASKED ABOUT DOING A STRIPE THAT RUNS ALONG THE UPPER LINE OF THE HARD BAGS??
I thought the same thing after installing my stripes. Wouldn't want it to look like it's overkill, but wonder how it would look with something on the bags. Anyone out there with Photoshop that can give us a idea?
We have a couple ideas we are working on and should be able to offer some ideas for the sidebag here next week. Stay tuned!

We have a couple ideas we are working on and should be able to offer some ideas for the sidebag here next week. Stay tuned!

Don't forget about doing the bag stripes in the reflective red like I got from you. Interesting, I was hoping someone would suggest the bag stripes.

One of our customers installed a set of white reflective racing strips so I posted his pictures. The white reflective material has a light silver cast to it, but it is lighter then the bike's silver. It does really show up at a night as you can see from the pictures. We have added the white reflective kit to our website for anyone wanting one. They are with the silver reflective kits. Premier Cycle Accessories
FJRWhiteReflectiveFairingKit2.jpg
FJRWhiteReflectiveFairingKit3.jpg
FJRWhiteReflectiveFairingKit1.jpg
Since this is my bike, I thought I'd add a comment . These reflective stripes kick butt. I am so impressed. As you can see from the photos, they are much brighter than any other reflective thing on the bike. The install is really simple and I am sure these are the best safety item I have added to my bike. Thanks Duane, for making them and keep up th egreat job. Looking forward to seeing the next new item you come up with. :clapping: :clapping:

Love the stripes Rick. I like the idea of the reflective stripes but I'm not sure I like the white not quite matching the silver. I was wondering I anyone had tried the black reflective on a blue '06?

Somebody did that about a year ago I thought it looked pretty good. During the day it was a real subtle striping but at night it really stood out.

Hey OHFJR,

Me and my Brother Both purchased the stripe kit from you. I think he bought some clear protectives too. I installed mine and I must admit....the trick for me was lots of soapy water(instead of the glass plus). Your directions said either would work. The soapy water gave me alot more time to adjust. Worked slick and looks awesome on my black cherry. Keep us posted on your ideas with regards to the bags.

Thanks for a great product.

Here is mine with the stripes installed. The first one is in the garage since it was raining...
misc205.jpg
Those look absolutely great on the 07 -- I'm getting for my 06, but it sure looks like this is exactly what was needed to really set-off the 07 color -- JMHO.

Yes, interested for sure, especially if it matched tank. Any plans to offer anything matching for the bags?

Hey..

Is it me or do the rest of you seem to smudge up(finger prints) the paint on the top of the bags opening and shutting them. That would be a great place to have a graphic(for less smudges and the look....follows the tail section lines). I noticed that one of OHFJR's clear protectors for the bags already follows the lines for the top of the bags. Maybe just needs to be tweaked a bit and cut it in the silver or white??? Maybe..maybe not?

Just brain storming I guess.

Hello,

In earlier posts on this thread there was discussion of the stripe kits being available in red reflective material. Is this still possible? I think the '08 in black would look absolutely great with red stripes. It's actually my only dislike that in black, it looks a little bland. I think the color takes away from the graceful lines of the bike. The '07 in Black Cherry looks completely great IMHO.

Thanks!

Greenman.

Turbo Dave requested a set of red reflective stripes from us for his silver AE. He said they went on pretty easy and wanted me to share his pictures with the rest of the forum. If anyone else wants a stripe kit in a special color let me know and I'll see what we can do!
TurboDavesRedStripesLS.jpg

TurboDavesRedStripesRS.jpg

TurboDavesRedStripesRear.jpg
I am asking for frank and honest opinions on how the 06 AE "Flicker" looks with the reflective red stripes. Please respond with comments or suggestions, I am open-minded(most of the time!!) If you can't tell from my avitar, my favorite color is RED
just saw your post of the red on silver combo.. I think the color combo works great but I also think you need a touch of red near the rear on a side view to balance them out.

Turbo Dave requested a set of red reflective stripes from us for his silver AE. He said they went on pretty easy and wanted me to share his pictures with the rest of the forum. If anyone else wants a stripe kit in a special color let me know and I'll see what we can do!
TurboDavesRedStripesLS.jpg

TurboDavesRedStripesRS.jpg

TurboDavesRedStripesRear.jpg
I am asking for frank and honest opinions on how the 06 AE "Flicker" looks with the reflective red stripes. Please respond with comments or suggestions, I am open-minded(most of the time!!) If you can't tell from my avitar, my favorite color is RED
just saw your post of the red on silver combo.. I think the color combo works great but I also think you need a touch of red near the rear on a side view to balance them out.
Thanks for the fast reply! If you can do it, I'd want both the fairing kit and the saddlebag kit.

Thanks again,

Greenman.

P.S. Come to think of it, is there a GREEN reflective material???

I'm interested as hell. I have a cherry "07. I'm wondering how it would look with black stripes. Have you done a kit like that? Send me a p.m. or email cause I'd even like to discuss a custom kit. Thx.

paulie