Fairing Racing Stripes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put mine on yesterday, great directions, followed them to a t, went on fine with no problems, it is raining right now but will post pictures soon if no one else does. I am very satisfied with the way it looks on my bike.

IMG_0028.jpg

PS: Tried to add pictures and it doesn't seem to work, only get red x???

Last edited by a moderator:
I put mine on today and it went smoothly, just follow directions carefully. I left the heat on in my garage but I'm going to turn it off tonight and my garage will go down to about 30-35 degrees. Does anyone know if it will be ok to put a coat of wax on the bike Saturday? That will be three days after applying them.

Would like to post photos but not sure how to.

I still haven't been able to locate a picture of a silver FJR with the black stripes. Am I missing something, or has it yet to be posted?

I still haven't been able to locate a picture of a silver FJR with the black stripes. Am I missing something, or has it yet to be posted?
We just shipped the first set of black stripes out this week and have been promised pictures as soon as he gets them installed. Stay Tune!

I put mine on today and it went smoothly, just follow directions carefully. I left the heat on in my garage but I'm going to turn it off tonight and my garage will go down to about 30-35 degrees. Does anyone know if it will be ok to put a coat of wax on the bike Saturday? That will be three days after applying them.Would like to post photos but not sure how to.
You should be able to wax them after a couple days of drying. They should be totally dry and will stay in place.

Turbo Dave requested a set of red reflective stripes from us for his silver AE. He said they went on pretty easy and wanted me to share his pictures with the rest of the forum. If anyone else wants a stripe kit in a special color let me know and I'll see what we can do!

TurboDavesRedStripesLS.jpg

TurboDavesRedStripesRS.jpg

TurboDavesRedStripesRear.jpg

Have you had an opportunity to slap a reflective side stripes on the bike to show how it would look?
Thank you.

I have a set of white reflective decals being made and I'll put it on the other side on my bike and post the pictures. It will probably be a week or so before there installed.

I would be very interested in seeing what the 07 red bikes look like with silver stripes. Jabber

Have you had an opportunity to slap a reflective side stripes on the bike to show how it would look?
Thank you.

I have a set of white reflective decals being made and I'll put it on the other side on my bike and post the pictures. It will probably be a week or so before there installed.

I would be very interested in seeing what the 07 red bikes look like with silver stripes. Jabber
I have sold a couple sets to 07 owners and hopefully someone will post pictures here soon. However, the 07 in Europe come from the factory with the same stripes. The picture below will give you a real good idea as to what they look like. Our our almost exact duplicates of these.

2007_FJR1300A_Color_Red-Sky_prv_tcm.jpg

I received my black stripes this week but it's been too cold to put them on just yet. May be warm enough for a ride tomorrow though.

OHFJR--- Any chance of ordering additional one inch stripes to apply under the wide stripes to balance the pattern? I sent you a PM.

John

OHFJR--- Any chance of ordering additional one inch stripes to apply under the wide stripes to balance the pattern? I sent you a PM.
John

John,

Please let me how many different pieces your looking for and the length of each part. Make sure you leave a good 1/2" on each end to cut off as I will not be able to cut these with the angles and curves you need.

Duane

John

John,

Please let me how many different pieces your looking for and the length of each part. Make sure you leave a good 1/2" on each end to cut off as I will not be able to cut these with the angles and curves you need.

Duane

Duane,

I sent you a PM reply.

Thanks

John

Got mine installed today. With the Glass Plus suggestion from the instructions, it was a piece of cake! I used a tinted windshield film applicator to squeegee out the bubbles, and, like I said, it was a piece of cake!

Thanks!!!!!

Only downside is, I'm out of a bike for 24-48 hours while they dry.

To quote a Budweiser commercial: The make a gorgeous (bike) gorgeous-er!

Turbo Dave requested a set of red reflective stripes from us for his silver AE. He said they went on pretty easy and wanted me to share his pictures with the rest of the forum. If anyone else wants a stripe kit in a special color let me know and I'll see what we can do!

I am asking for frank and honest opinions on how the 06 AE "Flicker" looks with the reflective red stripes. Please respond with comments or suggestions, I am open-minded(most of the time!!) If you can't tell from my avitar, my favorite color is RED

I am asking for frank and honest opinions on how the 06 AE "Flicker" looks with the reflective red stripes. Please respond with comments or suggestions, I am open-minded(most of the time!!) If you can't tell from my avitar, my favorite color is RED
Powder coat the rims red and whoa nellie that bike would HOT. OhFjr - isthe red refelective like the white relfective material?

Powder coat the rims red and whoa nellie that bike would HOT.

OhFjr - isthe red refelective like the white relfective material?

The red reflective material is the same type of material as the white and black reflective material.

I agree with the previous comments, that the red needs to be rederrrrrr.

Has anyone put black stripes on a Silver FJR? or Dark Blue?

I agree with the previous comments, that the red needs to be rederrrrrr.
Has anyone put black stripes on a Silver FJR? or Dark Blue?

We have sold one set of black reflective stripes to an AE owner. We are awaiting pictures of the install.

Although I have an 05 in faster blue, I am looking forward to the Black on Silver, somehow I think that is going to look HAWT!

Scott..post up pics man!