Fairing Racing Stripes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TurboDavesRedStripesRear.jpg

I am asking for frank and honest opinions on how the 06 AE "Flicker" looks with the reflective red stripes. Please respond with comments or suggestions, I am open-minded(most of the time!!) If you can't tell from my avitar, my favorite color is RED

Dave,

I think those red stripes kick butt. Wish I could get some either dk. blue or black for my '03. Maybe I'll try to source some of that black reflective stuff that Alex had and cut my own. Not that hard to do.

I'll be looking for that hot red/silver bike in Park City. I'll introduce you to my baby brother.

Bob Vail

I am asking for frank and honest opinions on how the 06 AE "Flicker" looks with the reflective red stripes. Please respond with comments or suggestions, I am open-minded(most of the time!!) If you can't tell from my avitar, my favorite color is RED

Dave,

I think those red stripes kick butt. Wish I could get some either dk. blue or black for my '03. Maybe I'll try to source some of that black reflective stuff that Alex had and cut my own. Not that hard to do.

I'll be looking for that hot red/silver bike in Park City. I'll introduce you to my baby brother.

Bob Vail

Thanks Bob, appreciate your frank opinion. Will look forward to seeing you in Park City. Take care ole roomie!! Want to meet your bro also.

I agree with the previous comments, that the red needs to be rederrrrrr.
Has anyone put black stripes on a Silver FJR? or Dark Blue?
We have sold one set of black reflective stripes to an AE owner. We are awaiting pictures of the install.
And the weather forecast is for 60 degrees here tomorrow so I'm hoping to get at least one side on tomorrow and take pictures. Dang, I'm ready for it to get warm again.

Finally the temps got above 60 so I could install these black racing stripes.
Hello Doc,

Those stripes look real spiffy. Both the black and the red are very nice. I think a dark blue (Navy) would also be

nice.

Did I ever report back to you on the ED Sets? If not, sorry. After using them last summer, I can say they work very well. Good price for good stuff.

Bob Vail

My AE has joined the Zebra parade. I opted for the stealth look and put the silver stripes on the bike. However, I gave the bike a field promotion to three stripes. I added a one inch stripe on the bottom to balance the pattern. My digital camera is currently on the fritz but will post some pics soon.

John

Nice one kindofblue. The Black on Silver is very subtle. Cetainly satisfies my penchant for stripes, and removes the "Must be Blue" from my wish list for my next purchase.

Some "outside" photo's would have been nice, or are all you northern hemisphere inhabitants too soft to wheel the steed out into the sunshine? :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I ever report back to you on the ED Sets? If not, sorry. After using them last summer, I can say they work very well. Good price for good stuff.Bob Vail
ED sets?

Some "outside" photo's would have been nice, or are all you northern hemisphere inhabitants too soft to wheel the steed out into the sunshine? :whistle:
Maybe I'll post some "outside" pics in a couple weeks. I'm heading out to Death Valley next Wed. A mere 800 mile trip through the mountains of central Arizona on the way :p

Last edited by a moderator:

A while back (last year) someone asked me to let them know what I thought about some helmet speakers that I was installing. Must have been someone else.

We are thinking about introducing a stripping kit for the 06 and 07 models. The graphics where very easy to install and no prior experience is required. The color of the strips in this picture is slightly darker then the bike's silver, but there is a lighter metalic silver we would use for production. Price for the 8 piece kit would be around $30. Any interest?

install4.jpg
Something for the 05 ?

Why can't I see the picture? :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

One of our customers installed a set of white reflective racing strips so I posted his pictures. The white reflective material has a light silver cast to it, but it is lighter then the bike's silver. It does really show up at a night as you can see from the pictures. We have added the white reflective kit to our website for anyone wanting one. They are with the silver reflective kits. Premier Cycle Accessories

FJRWhiteReflectiveFairingKit2.jpg
FJRWhiteReflectiveFairingKit3.jpg
FJRWhiteReflectiveFairingKit1.jpg

HEY OHFJR,

HAVE YOU THOUGHT OR BEEN ASKED ABOUT DOING A STRIPE THAT RUNS ALONG THE UPPER LINE OF THE HARD BAGS??

Wicked Webby said:
HEY OHFJR,
HAVE YOU THOUGHT OR BEEN ASKED ABOUT DOING A STRIPE THAT RUNS ALONG THE UPPER LINE OF THE HARD BAGS??

HEY OHFJR,

HEY OHFJR,
I thought the same thing after installing my stripes. Wouldn't want it to look like it's overkill, but wonder how it would look with something on the bags. Anyone out there with Photoshop that can give us a idea?