Fall 2009 Ride - My first motorcycle video.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicely done. Good music and great roads. I like the closing credit, "Ride Safely Out There"....as you cross the double-yellow. I don't object.

My video camera has a wide angle conversion lens attached which makes it appear as if I am closer to the lines than I actually am. The only time my tires touched the "paint" were the two illegal double yellow passes. :unsure:

Nicely done. Good music and great roads. I like the closing credit, "Ride Safely Out There"....as you cross the double-yellow. I don't object.
In passing on double yellows, I usually decide (1) can I do it safely, (2) is the car I'm passing going to freak out and 911 call me in as a reckless "rider". If you've got the room and get it done easily, I don't think people usually care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. Smooth video. What camera were you using?
The camera is actually an 8 year old Sony mini DV (tape) video camera, it's quite large and heavy, which I think helps to dampen the vibration. I mounted it to the passenger grip using a RAM mount setup found here.

Also, if anyone is interested the music is by Angels And Airwaves, they released their latest album for free found here. Which is why I used them for the music, seems like every time I make a video and put music to it, it gets rejected for copyright.

I'm very cautious about passing in general, solid lines or not, seems like I've seen some dashed lines where I wouldn't dare pass to solids where you can see for miles.

My riding style is, roll on late apex turning and keeping it sane in the straights.

J.

Well shot and well put together. Some nice effects and I like the fad in from the wind noise to the music.

I liked it, thanks for sharing it. I loved the shot for the rider coming out of his tuck and clapping. I know what that feels like and I miss it. It would have made a nice closing shot.

In passing on double yellows, I usually decide (1) can I do it safely, (2) is the car I'm passing going to freak out and 911 call me in as a reckless "rider". If you've got the room and get it done easily, I don't think people usually care.
I try to restrict my passing on double-yellows. I probably haven't done it more than say....10,000 times. Doing it safely goes without saying.

For anyone interested in how I mounted my camera.

The setup I used to make this video.

4525084940_d80d506d26_b.jpg

My Ram parts.

4524461131_16430e6577_b.jpg

Ram GPS holder.

4524460293_36f96517d1_b.jpg

The "Dash" view, I have some video taken from this position that I need to make into a video.

4525088078_a478cc3107_b.jpg

The "Dash" view.

4525087498_3275e320ac_b.jpg

I got an extender ball part for x-mas that I haven't yet used, I am going to try out this angle soon.

4525089288_63c44d04b5_b.jpg

Yes, I remove the strap from the video camera while filming.