Feej draws a crowd everywhere I go

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdogman

Bad Boy
Reaction score
I was kickin 'round this weekend killin time. I noticed everywhere I went the bike ended up being the center of attention. Not to say my friends aquaintences did not have nice rides, we made nice noises about their bikes too. But it ended each time with people standing around my bike asking me questions.

I know of at least one guy that wants one now. I know him and he lost hin left leg from the kneee down in a bike wreck 25 or so years ago. Still rides w/a heal toe shifter. Now he sat on my AE Feej and started drooling......... It was nice for the attention but took up alot of my riding time too...... **Even the guys at the Honda Shop came out to see my feej**

Here in Utah there are probably no more than 6-7 feejers in the whole state.......... (ok I made that up)

I notice similar reactions. Mine drew quite a crowd at the Harley dealer where I got it inspected.

I notice similar reactions. Mine drew quite a crowd at the Harley dealer where I got it inspected.

So you got inspected.....I hope the nurse was gentle with that prostate examine and that you measured up to standard.

Most of the folks around these Harley-infested parts pretend to not even notice mine as it goes quietly by them.

I'm going to try and attend a local bike night Friday, if I get home from the funeral in time. Then we'll see what kind of attention it draws among a peer group. I'm usually too busy passing them to chat.

A buddy of mine was the service manager at a local HD dealer and I bought my FJR over there to show it to him and most of the employees there new what it was right away and they were checking it out also...By the way my friend just bought the 07 and Should have it by March.

About 2 months ago I met a friend of mine at a popular breakfast diner prior to our ride. He had recently bought his second Harley, an Electra-glide, with every imaginable option available on it. He was so proud, and couldn't wait to show it to me. After eating and heading out to the parking lot, we noticed 3 guys hanging around our bikes - well, specifically, around my FJR. And sure enough, all of them were intrigued and asking about the FJR -- not one question or point of interest to my friends new chromed-up Harley. Geeeez, I almost felt sorry for him. Almost...... :D Jay

78.3% of all statistics are grabbed out of thin air.
DUDE!!!! That is so true.. :clapping:

About 2 months ago I met a friend of mine at a popular breakfast diner prior to our ride. He had recently bought his second Harley, an Electra-glide, with every imaginable option available on it. He was so proud, and couldn't wait to show it to me. After eating and heading out to the parking lot, we noticed 3 guys hanging around our bikes - well, specifically, around my FJR. And sure enough, all of them were intrigued and asking about the FJR -- not one question or point of interest to my friends new chromed-up Harley. Geeeez, I almost felt sorry for him. Almost...... :D Jay
Hey, If you are at a ford dealership, and ther is a nice lookin ford there, it will not stand out. But at that same ford dealership there sits a nice ass friggin Maserati then it my get some attention. The guys at the Ford dealership will want to know about it too. After all, fords are a dime a dozen there (well 25K for one actuatlly)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the folks around these Harley-infested parts pretend to not even notice mine as it goes quietly by them.

Same thing in this HD infested area...............................but the sneak peeks are HILARIOUS. :lol:

Same thing in this HD infested area...............................but the sneak peeks are HILARIOUS. :lol:

Hadda party at my place couple weeks ago. Had all three bikes on stands in my garage. Had Many of my harley buddies comin over (in their cars, we was partyin) and not ONE!! of them said a word walkin past it. Every one of them stopped and looked at it. My Beemer riding buddies and commmented. I KNOW ifida had a new hog they would have struck up conversation but they did not even know what they were lookin at.

**I did not EVEN get into the "Hey, lookit, no clutch handle" ** :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
it doesn't take long to figure out you now own a motorcycle that lot's of other people would love to have - THE FJR.

Been that way with my '05 since I bought it.

Most just ask - "is it as good as they say it is?"

My reply: "Oh Yeah....."

Stopped at a red light on Pacific Coast Highway (Newport Beach area) last Saturday when a young Suzuki GSX-R rider pulled up next to me and said, "Hey! Is that the new FJR?" When I nodded yes, he added, "That thing is f___ing sweet man!"

I really wanted to compliment his bike in return, but I was distracted by the fact that his riding apparel consisted of shorts, a tee-shirt and a silver-colored novelty helmet. :blink: I resisted the urge to "father" the squid, and simply rode away quietly when the light turned green.

Hey, If you are at a ford dealership, and ther is a nice lookin ford there, it will not stand out. But at that same ford dealership there sits a nice ass friggin Maserati then it my get some attention. The guys at the Ford dealership will want to know about it too. After all, fords are a dime a dozen there (well 25K for one actuatlly)
Can't see the guys at the Maserati dealership running out to see a Ford though... :D

Around here, a Ural would draw more interest than a FJR. :glare:

Cruiser capital of the western world maybe.

B)

Around here, a Ural would draw more interest than a FJR. :glare:
Cruiser capital of the western world maybe.

B)

Well in these parts we only have urals in the mens rooms, lot like northern cali they gotta hve them in both, so I hear, jes sayin