Female riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Maggie

Welcome to the funside of the island. I have an '04 without farklings :) (mostly). While on our 5 day jaunt in the saddle I purchased a throttle wrist rest. We rode well over 600 miles that day and my arm was very sore. I bought a $10 piece of plastic to rest my wrist and made the rest of the trip with a smile.

Well for now, my wife Michelle is a FJR Pillon but in time I think she'll take over operation of our new bike:

Michelle_Missy.jpg

Hi Maggie, I just bought my 2nd FJR. Had the 2005 and loved it so much I decided to buy the 2006. I am finding things about the '06 that I don't care for as much but many things that are better. All in what you get used to I suppose. I'm 55 and have been riding for 25 years. I've had many bikes and ridden many more that my husband owned but I think the FJR is the most fun bike I've ever had the please to ride. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. I live in the Eugene, Oregon area in case you are ever come this far south. Jo S.

Hi Maggie, I just bought my 2nd FJR. Had the 2005 and loved it so much I decided to buy the 2006. I am finding things about the '06 that I don't care for as much but many things that are better. All in what you get used to I suppose. I'm 55 and have been riding for 25 years. I've had many bikes and ridden many more that my husband owned but I think the FJR is the most fun bike I've ever had the please to ride. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. I live in the Eugene, Oregon area in case you are ever come this far south. Jo S.

Jo,

Well, I could not find an FJR in our area and I really liked the BMW R1200RT. It is a twin and does not have the pull that a four cylinder has, but the ergos and lighter weight is great and I love this bike. So, I ended up buying the beemer. Glad to hear that you are happy with yours and the FJR is a great bike too!! Take care......Maggie

ps: miss this forum, it is the most fun of all the forums that I have visited!!! (I am 55 toooooo!) We should meet up sometime.

Hello, I am also a female rider who owns an '06 FJR. I checked out both Honda and BMW before buying my bike. As far as I'm concerned the FJR is the bike for me. Lighter weight, ABS standard, power, and side boxes standard sold me. I have farkled out my bike myself. Driving lights, sliders, CeeBee windshield, highway bars, guardian helmet locks, non-switched power block for my heat gear & battery tender, hand guards & throttlemeister. I plan on adding cruise control & handlebar risers at some point. I've had my bike since the end of May and have 3,500 miles on it. I live in Vermont and will be doing a three week trip out west next summer. I have already done a 5,400 mile trip in '04 to Sturgis, Yellowstone, Bearthooth Pass. I did that trip with a 600cc Honda Silverwing Scooter. I am looking forward to many longer trips on my FJR.