Female riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Maggie!
I’m a petite (5’3”) female and I ride a 2006 FJR. I absolutely love this bike. It’s everything I wanted in a bike. Sporty for the twisties and comfy for long distances.

To overcome the problem of the seat height, I ordered a Corbin saddle which is 2" lower than the stock seat and had them modify it to be as low and narrow as possible without sacrificing comfort. I also had 1.25 inches added to the soles of my boots. I can now touch with the toes of both feet. I love the bike and have no problem riding it. But since I cannot back it out, I have to be very selective about where to park it. I highly recommend this bike. It’s a great bike :clapping:

Judi
Judi, are you from the Bay area?

Welcome!

Oh,

And

"hi, maggie...nice of you to join us....hope you have fun on this forum and make sure you check out the faq's....it will give you all the info you need for maintenance on your new scoot". Otherwise, have fun in here and watch your six....mkay?

Welcome to our humble, little forum, Maggie. If either Mr. Radman (if it's proper to offer his assistance without asking him) or myself can be of any assistance to you or your spousal unit with regard to the servicing, maintaining or farkling your FJR, please feel free to PM us. We'd be very happy to help. In the meantime, enjoy the bike and please ride safely!
Kind regards,

TWN :)

Who stole these guys keyboards and posted in thier names?

:p :p :p

So you guys want skin? Here is some of my skin. Can you tell I'm a loyal Yamaha owner?
pic036.jpg
Sweet. No bikini line!

Is that one of those "right over the butt crack" tattoos?

Yes, As my son refers to it, it's a "tramp stamp"

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was an ASS HAT.

I like it.

I also like a good pie. (not to be misinterpreted, I really did mean pie)

Yes, As my son refers to it, it's a "tramp stamp"
Heh... that's a good one. At least it's not an Oriental symbol that really means "Beef with Broccoli"... :lol:

I like Pie too!

Hey RogDeb! I remember you both. I was secretly drooling over your bike and very proud of your wife for sitting there all day during the class! Great to be here and really excited to be getting into the FJR.
Sounds like there are a few ladies that will be fun to get to know. Not so sure about all the guys at this point!! :)

This seems like a light hearted site and a not so serious group of folks. Thanks for all the chat and it has been fun seeing all the comments (some more than others!). Looking forward to riding a fellow member's bike that he offered me to throw a leg over and give it a try. Pretty nice I'd say.
Sooooo !! That was your drool huh? Guess it's time I wiped it off :lol:

And if I may share with all of you -- Maggie is an excellent rider and the FJR will be perfect for her.

The "guys" here are just fine once you get to know them, if you can take the pain of getting to know them :blink: The forum is pretty lighthearted and a wealth of information.

Now I'm off -- to get myself another tattoo :eek:

I am in Fl and have an '06 FJR. My best friend lives in Ga and has an '05.

I took the plastic "rail", that allows the seat adjustment, out, completely. Made it a bit easier to touch both toes.

I am in Fl and have an '06 FJR. My best friend lives in Ga and has an '05. I took the plastic "rail", that allows the seat adjustment, out, completely. Made it a bit easier to touch both toes.
Welcome....hope you enjoy the forum as much as your bike....(I doubt it though).... :)

Hi Maggie!

I’m a petite (5’3”) female and I ride a 2006 FJR. I absolutely love this bike. It’s everything I wanted in a bike. Sporty for the twisties and comfy for long distances.

To overcome the problem of the seat height, I ordered a Corbin saddle which is 2" lower than the stock seat and had them modify it to be as low and narrow as possible without sacrificing comfort. I also had 1.25 inches added to the soles of my boots. I can now touch with the toes of both feet. I love the bike and have no problem riding it. But since I cannot back it out, I have to be very selective about where to park it. I highly recommend this bike. It’s a great bike :clapping:

Judi
Judi, are you from the Bay area?
No, San Diego.

I enjoy all bikes...I have a few. But I must say that I enjoy actually riding the FJR the best so far.

Maggie

Welcome to the forum.

My wife is an excellent rider who tours with a women's club, they are into trips along the lines of traveling from the NE to California. She is very computer-savy but not into forums. She rides a 2004 GL1800A and loves it.

I have a 2003 FJR. Yes, her bike is bigger :blushing:

But mine is more fun :D

Enjoy the FJR, I sure do; they spoil a person for most other bikes IMHO.

We took a cornering class in Lancaster, CA (near LA) this June. Great class and worth the price. Good instructors and the training track/course is alot of fun. Streetmasters is the group and I recommend them highly. We live in Seattle and rode out bikes down in 2 days, took the all day class, and then rode back, partially up the coast, in three days.
So, Maggie, was that you and your ST parked next to me with my '05 FJR on the pad just before graduation? If so, I remember you said that you wished you'd gotten an FJR instead (and no, I won't tell your husband). Somewhere, about 3 0r 4 pages into the FJR Specific thread, there's a topic "Poll: Streetmasters Cornering Workshop" where Rogdeb and I posted pictures of our time in Lancaster.

Welcome to the madhouse....now go find an FJR! :D And watch out if you go riding with "Granny" (Kasey), she can (or will) get you into trouble, eh. :lol:

Yup, that was me. :) Went looking for your pics and the poll on Streetmasters and kept getting so distracted by other threads, never did find the Streetmasters one, but I will. This forum is a fun one and I am going out to ride a fellow members bike today. If it turns out he does not want to sell it, I will have to keep looking...........I do have a deposit down at a dealership, so am in line for an 07, but am worried that I may not like the new color. Have you heard anything? :dribble: Maggie

by the way..........I am always in trouble, so Kasey and I might just be good riding partners!!!!!!

Okay, Maggie, clicky on this:https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...sters&st=40

About halfway down the page the pictures begin. Maybe it'll bring back some good memories.

Good luck on your search....ahhh, shopping, retail therapy....its good for the soul. And way fun when you finally purchase the current object' du lust . :yahoo:

by the way..........I am always in trouble, so Kasey and I might just be good riding partners!!!!!!
Maggie don't take Mike's comments seriously - the only kind of trouble I get into is trying to find my keys. :unsure:

PM me and we'll see if we can arrange a meeting; maybe you and hubby would like to hook up with the Can. riders for a few hours as we make our way to Reno.

Kasey

Yup, that was me. :) Went looking for your pics and the poll on Streetmasters and kept getting so distracted by other threads, never did find the Streetmasters one, but I will. This forum is a fun one and I am going out to ride a fellow members bike today. If it turns out he does not want to sell it, I will have to keep looking...........I do have a deposit down at a dealership, so am in line for an 07, but am worried that I may not like the new color. Have you heard anything? :dribble: Maggie
Ummmm....what do you mean you have a deposit down on an 07??? There's no PDP for them yet. Is this a typo and you meant the current year 06?

Sounds like she gave her dealer a deposit allready to be the first to PDP when it starts.

You might be able to find an 06', start calling dealers!