Fieldsheer Cyclone 1-pc Suit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagermeister

Reaction score
Seems a little ridiculous to shop for winter gear, as it's 92f and humid today, but....

Has anyone tried this: FS Cyclone?

It looks like an updated version of the Highland 1-pc suit, which has gotten mixed reviews.

I have this fieldsheer suit, I use it everyday. Not kidding EVERYDAY! I took the liner out, way too hot.

Its got lots of pockets and easy on and off. Not tight and restricting, but not too baggy to flap in the wind.

Actually buying the wife one today, online.

I use it over my suit for the ride to work everyday, blows people away when I walk in and then take it off in my office and I'm in a suit one minute later LOL!

Jager,

Send Tstaff a message. He had this suit when he came to North Georgia last week. Looked nice!

JW

Thanks Guys,

After much deliberation between the Cyclone and Olymia Phantom, I eventually decided on....neither :rolleyes:

I actually purchased a 2-pc Olympia set from MotoGear Outlet. So far, so good. Hopefully, I won't regret the decision, when 30 degree wind sneaks up my jacket this winter.

I'll be interested to see reviews of the Cyclone this February, though...there's always next winter (at which time my SO may have forgetten all the UPS boxes that arrived this year :glare: ).

I've got 2 questions...

1)is the Highland suit hot for plus 80F...ie am I not gonna ride cuz this suit is too hot?

2)is there any hip padding or slots to put optional hip padding?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got 2 questions...1)is the Highland suit hot for plus 80F...ie am I not gonna ride cuz this suit is too hot?

Armor:

Ballistic nylon shoulders, elbows & knees with externally removable CE approved armor

Main shell liner comes with removable armor in the back and hips

Double layered padded ballistic nylon seat

I've got 2 questions...1)is the Highland suit hot for plus 80F...ie am I not gonna ride cuz this suit is too hot?

Armor:

Ballistic nylon shoulders, elbows & knees with externally removable CE approved armor

Main shell liner comes with removable armor in the back and hips

Double layered padded ballistic nylon seat
Thanks Jeff...I should learn to read... :)

I have the highlander suit and I only use it for <45 degrees, it's too hot otherwise, even with the liner out.

YMMV, I really wanted a Phantom, but they just do not fit me right. I need an XXL to fit me in the Chest and Gut, but then I'd need to get 3 inches (or more) added to my legs. The arms were way too flabby, like maybe the suit had XXXL arms or something.

I was hoping for something not as 'heavy' as my Highlander suit. But for the $200 I paid for it a couple years ago it's very well made.

I understand they do leak in torrential rains though.

-MD

I have the highlander suit and I only use it for <45 degrees, it's too hot otherwise, even with the liner out.
YMMV, I really wanted a Phantom, but they just do not fit me right. I need an XXL to fit me in the Chest and Gut, but then I'd need to get 3 inches (or more) added to my legs. The arms were way too flabby, like maybe the suit had XXXL arms or something.

I was hoping for something not as 'heavy' as my Highlander suit. But for the $200 I paid for it a couple years ago it's very well made.

I understand they do leak in torrential rains though.

-MD
Thanks Renegade...the search goes on.

Highland:

1) Yes. It is a heavy weight suit unsuitable for summer riding, even with the liners removed, IMO.

It is a good commuter or all day riding suit for temps below 80 degrees.

2) Yes. There are removeable hip pads that attach with velcro.

Cyclone?

Dunno. Never had one. You'd have to read the literature.

Dredging this old topic back up.
It sure looks to me like the "Cyclone" is a new version of their "Highland" suit.

I agree. The Cyclone's presence also appears to have lowered the Highland's price. It's $199 here: Clicky
That link, which is a rockin' good price on a new Highland suit BTW, is a closeout from a prior year. I think Fieldsheer replaced the Highland II with the Cyclone in their line up this year. Which makes sense considering how closely they appear to be related. In other words, the Cyclone is really the Highland III. ;)

Like some others have suggested, I think the ideal riding suit would be a well ventilated, armored shell, similar to a roadcrafter. You can always add layers or electric gear underneath when it gets cold. Being able to use the suit in the heat is the differentiator.

Some vendors appear to have dropped the price of the Fieldsheer Cyclone suit to $199.99.

clicky

clicky

Anyone else been using this suit? Would like to know how many seasons it can handle.

I have had the Highlander 1, II and the Cyclone. I love the cyclone, it does not leak fits well and they went to KKY zippers on it. It keeps me warm down to 35 or so. Liner removes too. 1 season of use zero problems. The Highlanders I had zipper problems and they leaked. I tried the Olympic 1 piece but I did not care for all the velcro and sent it back. IMO the best value suit on the market and at $199.00 a steal.

Sorry to revive an old post but ... it's a good one. Bought the FieldSheer Cyclone suit in early spring '09 year for $199 at Motorcycle Closeouts. Incredible deal. Easy in/out. Full armor. Extremely warm liner for really cold weather (below 35). Water proof. Warm in cold weather. Cool in warm weather (good venting). Works well with electrics. First class suit for the money.

I'll be wearing it tomorrow at the Advanced MSF course here in Atlanta. Weather tomorrow is rain, 41 F high (it'll be 34 F when we get there at 8). Just got an e-mail from the instructor: "It may rain during your course and we do ride in the rain". :D

How's the sizing on the Cyclone: I'm 6' 2" tall 32"inseam 220#

Also, is the suit pretty flexible? I tried an Aerostich Roadcrafter several years ago and it was like wearing cardboard.

Thanks,

John

Sorry to revive an old post but ... it's a good one. Bought the FieldSheer Cyclone suit in early spring '09 year for $199 at Motorcycle Closeouts. Incredible deal. Easy in/out. Full armor. Extremely warm liner for really cold weather (below 35). Water proof. Warm in cold weather. Cool in warm weather (good venting). Works well with electrics. First class suit for the money.
I'll be wearing it tomorrow at the Advanced MSF course here in Atlanta. Weather tomorrow is rain, 41 F high (it'll be 34 F when we get there at 8). Just got an e-mail from the instructor: "It may rain during your course and we do ride in the rain". :D