F'ing Thieves F'ing SUCK!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude looks like a winner also. I'm all for freedom of expression and what not but when I see a guy like the two above upstanding citizen or looking for a second chance don't come to mind. People need to know that something even like their looks carry consequences. First impressions and all.
Remember that photo is a mug shot. I'd met Darrell a couple of times when I had Robert do some work on my bike. He was a decent guy who made some mistakes and tried to get his life back on track but got pulled back into the darkness by some unsavory characters. Sad that he wasn't strong enough to walk away from that life. :(

Ch-ch-choices!

One mantra "the princess" heard all her life and now uses about former class mates, etc....

The personal tragedy of the victime bothers me the most. I have some of my dad's tools and I won't lend them as they tend to not be returned. They mean something to me, though they are inanimate objects, they touch my soul.

I hope your friend finds a place of peace with this and some of us know: "The wheels of heaven grind slowly, but they grind finely."

A pox on the missing thief!

I have no use for thieves (white collar, blue collar, or no collar). These scumbags are willing to take part or your LIFE for financial gain. Hang 'em in front of the local court house. No repeat offenders and just might scare some of them straight.

Sad it is, unfortunately when these types individuals make the choice to derail;

It's more oft than not, they bite the hands that feed them first.

Which, in turn will hurt the next "Need a second chance hand" feller that comes a looking.

Glad they were caught...or close to getting caught.

If we had stricter laws for things like this, especially when you're caught beyond any shadow of a doubt (i.e. red-handed), the crimes wouldn't happen as often. Lose a hand. Get the snot beat out of you, etc. I have ZERO patience for thieves. Taking something someone else worked hard for. One of the few things in life that really gets under my skin.

(I have found that as an employer for over 23 years, it's always the best choice to hire on the guy that's fully tatted...they tend to be the most trustworthy.....NOT!)

GEEZ Hey Tree doc

Now that is profiling & i have very good friends that have a sick amount of tattoo`s & they are super honest & hard working people. Just by having them doesn`t make that person a scumbag!!!! Hell one even owns a BMW motorcycle (just sayin) I work for a company that is world wide & they have something called diverse training & think all should take it (might make one a better person for it) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What Tyler said.

Guess it was my turn this morning.

The dog woke me up about two this morning, wasn't barking, just going to the back door making a gumbleing, muttering noise that only Airedale's use when there's something not right. Grabbed a flashlight & the .38 (what was that doing next to the flashlight???) got out the front door, came around the side of the house and started a sweep with the flashlight, got two guys coming out of the garage each with a set of PR2's.

When the light hit them they run around the corner of the garage, started across the back yard, so I aerated the soil with a couple of rounds, think they wet their pants,dropped the tires, kicked in their afterburners, and where gone. Think they had a third person in a car down the street.

Did lose my smaller tool box though, had most of my half inch ratchets and sockets in that one.

What Tyler said.

Guess it was my turn this morning.

The dog woke me up about two this morning, wasn't barking, just going to the back door making a gumbleing, muttering noise that only Airedale's use when there's something not right. Grabbed a flashlight & the .38 (what was that doing next to the flashlight???) got out the front door, came around the side of the house and started a sweep with the flashlight, got two guys coming out of the garage each with a set of PR2's.

When the light hit them they run around the corner of the garage, started across the back yard, so I aerated the soil with a couple of rounds, think they wet their pants,dropped the tires, kicked in their afterburners, and where gone. Think they had a third person in a car down the street.

Did lose my smaller tool box though, had most of my half inch ratchets and sockets in that one.
Too bad you weren't in Texas. Could've hit a leg or two and dropped 'em right there. Thieves...

Sorry to hear about this airboss...and to Robert, as well.

I'm not quite sure yet, but I think I'm glad you scared the piss out of 'em...gun shot wounds for a couple of MC tires and a toolbox...probably not what they expected, and will probably deter them in the future. (Ok, for at least a little while.)

Airboss ~

Glad you interrupted the theft, but it would have been better to have your Airedale hanging off the ass of one of the perps! Pretty hard to run with a determined pooch hanging off the ol gluteous maximus...

My Siberian, on the other hand, would probably hold the fricken door open for them. I love him dearly as a companion, but guard dog he isn't!

I hate thieves as well, and am glad I live in a state with a stronger castle doctrine... screw aerating the soil with the handgun! :p

Don

Sorry to hear about this airboss...and to Robert, as well.

I'm not quite sure yet, but I think I'm glad you scared the piss out of 'em...gun shot wounds for a couple of MC tires and a toolbox...probably not what they expected, and will probably deter them in the future. (Ok, for at least a little while.)
Never intended to hit them, didn't want to chance missing and having a round go into a neighbor's home, thought maybe if I scared the piss out of them, they'd have a heart attack and die.

Airboss ~

Glad you interrupted the theft, but it would have been better to have your Airedale hanging off the ass of one of the perps! Pretty hard to run with a determined pooch hanging off the ol gluteous maximus...

My Siberian, on the other hand, would probably hold the fricken door open for them. I love him dearly as a companion, but guard dog he isn't!

I hate thieves as well, and am glad I live in a state with a stronger castle doctrine... screw aerating the soil with the handgun! :p

Don
Yeah, I wanted the dog to come with me, but he won't come away from the back door, I wanted the front so I would have the house covering me until I was almost to the garage.

Careful folks. A few of the posts are edging toward political rant...and really have nothing to do with FJRs or even motorcycles. Plenty of other places for that stuff.

Thanks.

The Management

Careful folks. A few of the posts are edging toward political rant...and really have nothing to do with FJRs or even motorcycles. Plenty of other places for that stuff.

Thanks.

The Management
Sorry if i started to cross the line & surprised this whole thing wasn`t moved to the (completely off-topic folder) :glare:

Too bad you weren't in Texas. Could've hit a leg or two and dropped 'em right there. Thieves...
You can kill someone with a shot to the leg. A couple of tires is petty theft but airboss handled it fine by just scaring them away (though they were fleeing anyway).

You should never kill anyone who's fleeing. That's vengeance, not justice.

You can kill someone with a shot to the leg. A couple of tires is petty theft but airboss handled it fine by just scaring them away (though they were fleeing anyway).

If someone is stealing my FJR MOTORCYCLE parts (or anything else for that matter) they'd better be fleeing faster than I can get them. No excuse for stealing FJR MOTORCYCLE parts or anything else from another person. Period. They aren't deterred because they don't fear 'justice' is a tough enough consequence.

Of course I'm focused on FJR parts. Of course. :p

I really hope the guys that stole from the shop get nailed to the wall. Even better, I wish we could use some serious coercion techniques to get details on where those tools were sold/dropped/etc. so the hard working man that owned them gets them back!

I know it`s been awhile & did read the other thread, any news on any of the stuff ?? Also if he had all these tools & things in the back, i`d hate to say that someone he knows (might not be close or maybe a customer at one time) must be part of it.

Thieves do suck !!
They have one guy in custody (former employee) and are searching for a 2nd guy. Really sad... Robert opened up his shop to the guy, gave him a job - a 2nd chance, befriended him... and the idiot shows his appreciation like this. :(
gee. that sounds like a shop owner that gave a job to one ex-con and banished-for-life endurance rider. they took him in and gave him a second chance after several notable people in the LDR community vouched for him. he paid everyone back by putting a bunch of tools on the shops line of credit and then stealing/selling them (among other things). some of these rat bastards never reform.

actually not. you could kill them since deadly force is justified at night and when in fear of your life or serious bodily harm. however "shooting to wound" would put you on the defense stand in court with everyone down your throat wondering why you used deadly force when you didn't appear to think it was justified (trying to wound). i know there are better forums for this, but nipping fiction in the bud before an FJR owner acts on it is (barely) within the margins.

don't go shooting thieves if they are fleeing as if you hit them, you could be the future ex-con instead of them. Insurance on your bike and property (even with high deductibles) is still cheaper than a criminal defense lawyer.

Last edited by a moderator:

No... It's crime PREVENTION...

I am glad to loan out my Attack Chihuahua if needed in the future, just pay the UPS shipping. lol,

I have some extra tools nothing big, like screwdrivers, pliers, oil filter wrenches alot of SAE open end stuff, Happy to send what I can if requested. I have been on the road many times and have needed a tool or item to fix a bike and have walked into machine shops, plumber shops and even glass business who have helped me with the fix. Tools are tools whatever the fix. Hope this helps. DR

It's hard to read this stuff and then sit and listen to why career criminals ought to get ANY dispensation when they've clearly outlived their usefulness to society. We can truly do without clowns like this. So stick to your guns the next time someone comes around telling you why 3-strikes is such a bad idea. It is a cold-hard fact that about 90% of hard crime is perpetrated by 10% of the hard criminals (numbers not exact but ROM [rough order of magnitude] correct). Get them off the street and these sorts of life-changing events become much more rare.

Check out the tag line below...Burke called it like it was and its as good today as it was 250 years ago.

Cheers,

W2

Sad news, Tyler. Sorry to hear of such a decent sounding person getting ripped off. I do agree with WW, and with his tag line quote.