Fingers go to sleep from holding grips..pls help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do your hands go to sleep at night? I had the same problem and it turned out to be carpal tunnel. 20 minute surgery and the problem was gone.

Damn dweebs!!

The dude is jerkin ya all off. I'd say if he did it himself (jerked hisself off that is) he'd end up with........... STRONGER WRISTS. Quite possibly helping to eliminate the problem.

Then again maybe it's just GROWING PAINS with thew new bike.

:jester:

Order the small puppies. I just put them on and still notice the slight buzzing in the bars. They also seem to make my hands sweat a bit more than usual. Going to try them for a bit longer but... we'll see.

its the buzz of the bike (at least for me) I had a Beemer.Harley and FJR at the same time and rode all three. The FJR was the only one that put my hand to sleep. I tried a lot of different things but never could get the problem to go completely away. BTW been riding bikes over 40 years so not a newbie to issues with different bikes.

Lots of good advice so far. However, before you spend any money, try adjusting the handlebars to one of the different positions. That's free, and sometimes it's the angle/rotation of the wrists that causes the numbness. I had this problem with my '04, which doesn't have the factory adjustable bars like yours does. I ended up with very short risers that also changed the angles of my wrists. This solved my issues completely.

Wanted to add that the Yamaha grips are notorious for being thin. Many FJR owners have changed to gel grips, Grip Puppies, or the BMW Sport grips. The BMW grips are ribbed with a slight palm swell and much more comfortable than the stock grips, IMHO.

p/n 32721458396 (throttle side)

p/n 32721458395 (clutch side)

Last edited by a moderator: