First 2013 "Mods" and First "Problems"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the detailed info on the headlight modulators. Do you run them on the low beam or high beam?

It looks pretty tight in there, thanks for the pics also.

Do the little screws on the saddle bag locks need to be "locktighted" on the 13's of has the factory finally doing it for us?

Do the little screws on the saddle bag locks need to be "locktighted" on the 13's of has the factory finally doing it for us?
The locks have always been fitted by the dealer, not by the factory, the bags are supplied separately, and merge with the bike's locks when the bike is prepared. Yes, the screws do need Loctiting.

(But mine aren't. Make of that what you will.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The locks have always been fitted by the dealer, not by the factory, the bags are supplied separately, and merge with the bike's locks when the bike is prepared. Yes, the screws do need Loctiting.

(But mine aren't. Make of that what you will.)
Yes, the dealer installs the locks. I told my dealer to make sure to use blue threadlocker on the mounting screws, his relpy, realy? I didn't know that...