First delivered in North America !!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me, or does that Blue look like the '05 Galaxy Blue? Maybe it is just the pictures. When I saw an '06 at the national show, the blue was different.
Personally, I like my '05 Galaxy Blue with clutch and built in heaters. :D
Digital pictures don't tend to show some colors in some lighting conditions correctly. I suspect this is the case.

Early European test indicate the '06 bike to be about 4 to 5 MPH slower at the top end....compared to the '05 ( which has tested out in the past as being the fastest of the previous bunch ).

Received a phone call 3-24-06 from my local Yamaha dealer, who stated that they'd just received notification via computer from Yamaha, that the delivery of my '06 FJR1300A, was delayed for a few weeks, probably shipping around April 10th.

Just revisited this thread..... I looked at the photog again, too. Is it me, or is the bike on the left missing it's handle bars? Maybe I'm to blind to see....?? Canadians must be better riders than Yanks, eh.

Also, is the bottom of the front faring BLACK? I don't 'memba that being the case in the brochure or on the Online photogs. WTF.... :( Will the bags be black as well??

Someone help me out here.... am I nutz? ;)

BAGGER

Early European test indicate the '06 bike to be about 4 to 5 MPH slower at the top end....compared to the '05 ( which has tested out in the past as being the fastest of the previous bunch ).
That's hard to believe, unless it's the new windscreen. The 05s pulled hard all the way to the rev limiter in 5th. For the change in gearing that was made in the 06s (5%-6% in the final drive), it's unlikely the result would be less top speed. Quite the other way around, really.

Now, if you wanted to tell me that the 05 outruns the 06 to 60mph, or in the quarter mile, I might prolly could believe that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah those tires are z-6 Metz. Mine 05 had z-4s Didn't see any z-6s yet. OOPS

CANADA AY . Good luck and have a great time riding.

Just revisited this thread..... I looked at the photog again, too. Is it me, or is the bike on the left missing it's handle bars? Maybe I'm to blind to see....?? Canadians must be better riders than Yanks, eh.
Also, is the bottom of the front faring BLACK? I don't 'memba that being the case in the brochure or on the Online photogs. WTF.... :( Will the bags be black as well??

Someone help me out here.... am I nutz? ;)

BAGGER
Your half nuts...

The handlebars are there, I can see the brake lever..

But yes, the lower fairing does indeed look black., guess we will have to wait (more) to see the bags.

KM

The bottom of the flarings do look black------------- mabe a plastic overlay to protect the paint. The black is only on the flat of the flaring, its still blue inside the openings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bottom of the flarings do look black------------- mabe a plastic overlay to protect the paint. The black is only on the flat of the flaring, its still blue inside the openings.
It's just the lighting of the photo. Look at the pictures on the Yamaha web site. All blue. No black. With handle bars.

I hope!

Closer looks at the photo blown up show that there just is something off to the left of the bikes that is causing that side of the fairing to reflect so it looks black.

Many have reported that the new Cobalt Blue color almost looks black in the shade ...which seems to bear true in this photo.

My own photos of the tail case showd a simular darkblue/black reflection...

KM

Hang tough guys and ladies, it won't be too much longer now for us 06 waiters. It is going to be in the 60-70's here this week, :p thankfully I have other bikes to ride.

I imagine the call will come for me to come pick up my FJR-A the day I leave for FL for a weeks vacation :eek:

Yup!!Nice pair there.

Pity they don't belong to highlander, he'd then have 3 to polish in his garage ;)
Yep! he could do the ole, :Wax on...wax off", repeat. All the while saying, "vroom, vroom, zoooooom, snick, zooooooom, snick.......". :haha:

I wonder if he could "get a leg up" on one? :D

Lotsa love in this room, Highlander! Dang, I hope the new insurance works out and you can get the process started. I miss you, bud! :(