First Farkles on my new (to me) Gen I

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice farkles! I wouldn't mind having a real cruise control versus the throttle lock that I currently use but how hard was it to wire in and how expensive was it? What do you think about the Power Commander? Does it help MPG or power or what? Did you ride the bike before installing it? Also what do you think about the Wild Bill's hiway pegs? I am think of getting a set for my 2003. Thanks

Where'd he get the Mr. Fusion?

I've been looking all over for one of those.
Acme lawnmower repair and nuclear wheelchairs

on my Gen 1 w/o ABS, fits perfectrly next to the avcc

search cruise control for options on location

delorean_mrfusion.jpg

Nice farkles! I wouldn't mind having a real cruise control versus the throttle lock that I currently use but how hard was it to wire in and how expensive was it? What do you think about the Power Commander? Does it help MPG or power or what? Did you ride the bike before installing it? Also what do you think about the Wild Bill's hiway pegs? I am think of getting a set for my 2003. Thanks
I first had a cruise on a BMW LT and got really spoiled by the freedom it adds to LD miles and even just around town. Although My FJR already had the MC Cruise installed when I bought her, I installed an Audiovox unit on my Concours a couple of years ago. It was an easy install, just took a while. Looks like this bike would be similar. You wouldn't regret it.

The PO installed the Power Commander to smooth out the lower gears, so I don't know what the bike used to feel like. There is lots of positive feedback on this forum regarding thenPC, though.

I LOVE my highway pegs. The Kuryakyn and Wild Bill combo works exactly as I was hoping it would. The install couldnt be easier... Just remember to ask them to make the mounts with a 1/2 inch mounting hole if you're going to go the Kuryakyn route...

In the three weeks since I purchased my 2003, I've learned a lot from all of you and added a few farkles to her. Pictures of each add-on and install can be found here.

She already had the following:

• Yamaha OEM topcase
  • Power Commander III
  • MC Cruise

I've added:

• Fuze Block
  • Signal Dynamics BackOFF brakelight flasher
  • Wild Bill pegs and Kuryakyn pegs
  • Kuryakyn (black) ISO grips
  • RAM handlebar mounts
  • RAM cup holder
  • RAM smartphone holder
  • WynPro RAM-Bone mount
  • Sirius satellite radio
  • Voltage meter
  • Ambient temperature thermometer
  • Alaska Leather sheepskin seat covers

Still on order:

• Cee Bailey's reverse flip windshield
  • Cee Bailey's headlight protectors
  • Garmin Nuvi 765T GPS
You're putting frame sliders on her soon, right?

You may never need 'em, but they're nice to have anyway:)

It's been a year (tomorrow) since I rode the FJR home. What a year...

•  
  • 29,613 miles for the year (plus a few more tonight!)
  • 48 Plus! ride... done!
  • 10/10th ride... done!
  • Border to Border... done!
  • First time at the Pizza Party in JAX
  • First Rally (Heart of Texas)
  • Farkles? The list in post #1 (I'm the OP) was just the beginning... See here: My link

I really do love this bike... And owe a huge thanks to several of y'all who have helped with answers to a new guy's questions...

Now on to Colorado in August for the IBA National, CFO in September (Wisconsin), Big Tex Rally in October... All in preparation for a big event next summer... :)

Last edited by a moderator: