First FJR Ive seen in the wild, other than my own.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a few around here and lots when the MotoGP came to town.
upset.gif

FWIW, sport touring bikes seem to be unpopular in the US.

I picked up an '08 AE today and tried to buy the final drive and crankcase crush washers, and an oil filter.

None in stock ... especially odd since the filter is not unique to the FJRs.

But the parts manager defended the lack of stock with "I've worked here 35 years and I've seen two FJRs."

I then called Jerald at D & H. He had them in stock, so I extended my loop and will be able to take care of oil and final drive service this weekend.

I think that D&H was at one time the center of the FJR selling dealer universe.

Jerald said he would be willing to sell the Zero Miles '06 AE that he held back for himself. So there's at least one new FJR AE left, although it probably ought to have a set of new shoes before it goes out to play.

Five or six years ago I would see one or two a year in my neighborhood. These day I see that many a week. I suspect it is often the same ones, but not always.

If you think it's hard now...it was extremely rare in 2003/2004.
Speaking of rare or unknown:

In 2006 I was on a new FJR and stopped for gas near St. Louis when a guy came over to ask about it. When I rode away I had convinced him the "FJR" stood for Ferrari Joint Racing, and that the drive train was Ferrari and Yamaha was building the rest. It was one of 3 test bikes being ridden around the US. But it's supposed to be secret, so don't tell anybody.

And yes, my nose is quite long by now.

zzzzip posted: Speaking of rare or unknown:
In 2006 I was on a new FJR and stopped for gas near St. Louis when a guy came over to ask about it. When I rode away I had convinced him the "FJR" stood for Ferrari Joint Racing, and that the drive train was Ferrari and Yamaha was building the rest. It was one of 3 test bikes being ridden around the US. But it's supposed to be secret, so don't tell anybody.

And yes, my nose is quite long by now.
Now that, sir, is a GREAT story! (How do you put on a helmet over that nose?)