First pictures of USA made FJ bars....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a sure fire way to pick the tires off the ground in the twisties & crash to me?

No Thanks.

Looks like a sure fire way to pick the tires off the ground in the twisties & crash to me?No Thanks.
That's what worries me, but they appear to be quite a bit farther foward, and also above where the WB highway pegs are mounted.

As you've got it now, I'm thinking the tubing diameter looks too small for the extension you've got. To me it looks like it'll fold in a layover at speed.
I'm thinking that may be his intention since these are connected to the frame. If you love your frame, do you really want something that rigid there when you're sliding along the road, cleaning the ashalt w/ your shorts?

We've already had 1 FJRForum member that cracked his frame because of go boom onto rigid aluminum sliders.
I don't think tubing in that diameter mounted in 2 places close will be any more apt to bend the frame than a hard plastic slider mounted on 1 bolt.

But who knows? I agree, lets get Keith to do a little r&d! :clapping:

There ready to check out. Let me know what ya think.. I can make any changes. There will be a set made that will have lighting options to add your favorite lights, Etc.... We can do anything..... I will start working on the JIG and then move onto the rear sets. As far as price I should have something next week as a price sheet. Thanks
OK, my 2 cents.

As you've got it now, I'm thinking the tubing diameter looks too small for the extension you've got. To me it looks like it'll fold in a layover at speed.

I'm thinking use 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" tubing from your top mount to the middle and keep it kinda tight, maybe a half to 1" away from the plastic for the basic drop protection. Then add any extension beyond that for lights or footpeg mounts.
I do agree with you.... But here is the draw back.... do you want the bar to fold and take the 'hit' and you have a crunched bar.......... or if we do 1.25" or 1.50" OD useing DOM the bar will be so strong it will crash the frame and a good chance of it braking the frame... the bars will be OK though..... This frame is a sport bike frame and not a 'Harley' frame. The engineering in this is very strong in torsion but not horizontal with a side impact... There is going to have to be some 'give'.... I would rather the bars crash. Also.... in NO way are these intended to keep you or your bike 'safe' at any substantial speed. These are and have the same idea and caricristics of frame sliders, with benefits... :)

I don't think tubing in that diameter mounted in 2 places close will be any more apt to bend the frame than a hard plastic slider mounted on 1 bolt.
Not bent... the frame was broken. Cracked all the way through. Also, it wasn't the delrin type that caused this. It was the rigid aluminum sliders.

Agreed about narrower profile. If it were me making them, I wouldn't have them stick out much more than the sliders do.

Yea, just going off the pictures of the Police bikes from Europe. You cant mount anything or use them for high way pegs oif they where sticking out 2" ... :) They would also look super dork.. .

Hmmmmm, in'neresting. Let's get Keith to test 'em.
FJR will probably be rebuilt in a few months, shouldn't take long after that before I can test em out for ya!

Where are the rear sliders? I thought the rear was what you were fabricating?
Nope front first...... But this was the first mock up..... from the sounds of it there will need to be some changes... I’m kinda just gauging if anyone is interested before I put allot more time into them..... Classic situation where people talk about wanting them, until there ready to go then no one buys..... LOL..... Been there many times in the past.... LOL

OK. So maybe keep the lighter tubing but tuck it in tight like I was saying for more stability, and add a loop for the extension?

I'm jus' throwin' ideas atcha. ;)

Looks like a sure fire way to pick the tires off the ground in the twisties & crash to me?No Thanks.

Just a concept..... first mock up...... first test.... thanks for the input

OK. So maybe keep the lighter tubing but tuck it in tight like I was saying for more stability, and add a loop for the extension?I'm jus' throwin' ideas atcha. ;)
We can do anything... I gotcha.... People have been asking for something like the police bike that has been floating around here... This is so they can rest their feet.... add lights... Etc..... Can’t do any of that if the tubes are tucked next to the fairing.... These are 5" out... Maybe the pictures are misleading? I have a feeling too that if my bars are tucked next to the frame for all intensive purposes they would be and act like frame sliders...... im not going to be in that price range and im not going to compete in the frame slider world. (im not saying protection, but literally something that would compete head to head with the same type product) Frame sliders are EASY to make a million a day and make good margins on...... these type of hand made bars are not... :) :) :)

Wondering how 3"-3 1/2" out would be.

What you've got is a replacement for a slider. Now if you could offer the protection of a slider + a place for pegs or lights or whatever....

You wouldn't be expected to compete with basic sliders on price.

Pegs are what I want. REALLY BAD!.. but those WB craps... nope, never again.

Gee, these might be a nice Christmas present to me from me. I realize that this is just a mock up, so far. I'm curious what happens, here.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you've got is a replacement for a slider. Now if you could offer the protection of a slider + a place for pegs or lights or whatever....You wouldn't be expected to compete with basic sliders on price.
I understand that you probably have not read the whole thread. But I have said a million times that these are developed for high way pegs / foot rest / lights of all sorts / Etc...Etc..... :)

Pegs are what I want. REALLY BAD!.. but those WB craps... nope, never again.
Gee, these might be a nice Christmas present to me from me. I realize that this is just a mock up, so far. I'm curious what happens, here.

Well as you can see, many forum members have good ideas and there own idea of what they might want.... We are a custom shop and can make anything to anyone specifications. If you would like a set feel free to contact me and we can work something up just for you. After we get a few issues resolved we might run a small batch and then just take special orders for them. But if you have any questions feel free to contact us.. Thanks !