First Problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorgod

And now..let me introduce the one and only....MOTO
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to post a screen shot of my GPS showing 136. My son just bought

a 2003 Z1000 and I don't want him to think its ok to speed. Am I being to hard on myself? :unsure:

I can't bring myself to post a screen shot of my GPS showing 136. My son just bought a 2003 Z1000 and I don't want him to think its ok to speed. Am I being to hard on myself? :unsure:
No, I don't think so. My son was never interested in riding, and although we could have had some great riding together, it is just one more thing that I don't have to worry about.

Let me see,

You have an FJR, he has a (Kawasaki?) Z1000.

These two are not 50cc scooters. If he hasn't figured out my now that they can exceed any speed limit by a LOT, maybe you should talk to him. Tell him when and where you can speed. Like deserted roads, early mornings, etc. NOT in town, traffic, etc.

Everyone who has ever owned a motorcycle has gone fast on it. He doesn't need your help to figure that out. You can tell him how to use it properly.

Len

I can't bring myself to post a screen shot of my GPS showing 136.  My son just bought a 2003 Z1000 and I don't want him to think its ok to speed.  Am I being to hard on myself?  :unsure:
I'll do it for you. This was taken 2 years ago the day I picked up my '04. 220 miles, she's broken in!

29109995-6abd-02000180-.jpg

My first problem was my first wife. Second prob 2nd wife and so on. But, this thread shouldn't be about me. Thanks for asking though.

You didn't say how old your son is?

Be a role model for your son and dont speed in front of him.

If he is going to speed he will speed. If you are going to speed, just dont do it in front of him.

If you teach speeding

then you cant preach no speeding.

Motorcycles are for goin fast on but not for dyin on. As pilots of such awesome and potentially deadly machines it's up to us to educate ourselves and others on how to achieve the "proper balance".

-r

Tell him what I tell my kids, do what I say and not as I do because I have a badge and you don't, and WE are trained to drive and ride faster then the average civilians! :D

So then, its okay for you to violate the the specified and posted safe speed limits for smooth traffic flow because you have a badge? So Mr. CHP might let you go, as a courtesy, because you have the badge in your wallet? As an officer of the court and a law enforcement official, shouldn't you have a responsibility to set a good example for the citizenry you serve and the law you are sworn to uphold? Hmmm?

[SIZE=8pt](Just stirring it up. Nothing personal.)[/SIZE]

As I've posted before, would a card-carrying AMA racer be afforded the same priviledge as he is trained and practiced (by track days) and licensed to ride fast? Its the same logic, no?

I used to live in a neighborhood where a person from the other block would speed down our street to get to his house. One day myself and a couple of other fathers walked around the corner to confront the gentleman who put our grade school-aged children at risk. We threatened to call his license number in the next time he exhibited the offensive behavior. He told us to go ahead---a nice clean CHP uniform was in the backseat of his car. He didn't want to speed down his own street...go figure!

I don't want to get into police-bashing. I used the same argument to my favorite uncle who is a deputy Sheriff. AND, I ride in a spirited manner at appropriate times and roads, not on congested roads or in neighborhoods.