First Ride-new 06 fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B) --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Don B @ Sep 10 2006, 06:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

You will regret the very moment you got rid of the BMW and Duc. I did. It's nothing wrong with the FJR, it just doesn't have a personality. Plus the problems and modifications needed to make it work right just do not make sense. It should be set up properly from Yamaha.

My 06 FJR is for sale. 4500 miles, no farkles, $11000 takes it.

Don

Personality :p Thats what the fat ugly girl has that your mother likes :rolleyes: Didn't you take it for a test ride or did ya buy it cause your fat girlfriend thought it was hot :bye:

Cary

What's up with the dogpile? Some people like the rythym of twins, parallel, opposed, V...it doesn't matter. It's a taste I've never acquired. The sound of a 4-cylinder motorcycle engine "floats my boat" and that's why I own one. The FJR "fits" my needs and desires, but it won't be a good fit for everyone. Thus there are so many different avenues by different manufacturers to the same goal.

What's next...are we ONLY going to ride with other FJRs? :unsure: DonB, find the bike that makes your heart smile as hugely as the FJR does mine, then let's go ride.

Guys, I've read here, and on other forums about these so called problems:

Hard Seat

Heavy Throttle

Jerky response of the throttle

TPS Issues

:blink:

All I can say is spend 4 hours in the seat of an 04- R1. Modified to hell and back so it has 20 rear wheel horsepower over stock. With Ohlins suspension. Pillion with the same said R1.

Sprinkle some cement dust on your cereal fellas and toughen up... the FJR is an extremely comfortable bike for two, capable in the twisties (although the hero blobs don't last long). The throttle is light and smooth as silk, and there is no vibration to mention in the bars.

The TPS issue reared its ugly head in the 04/05 R1's and was subject to factory recall by Yamaha, perhaps it is the same unit as found on the FJR's, and there may be a recall for them at some stage as well.

If you think it is uncomfortable, I seriously suggest you take a litre bike for a test ride.