Fix flat on scooter tire...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymech

Reaction score
I have a generic chinese made scooter and I have a flat in the rear tire - 60/130/13.

I've been trying to find a shop that would fix it but none of the ones in my area have the tire removal machine for a 13 inch wheel. I live in North Atlanta... any place you guys would recommend I take the wheel to??

...and oh... Moto400 up north in Dawsonville would gladly sell me a new tire with a 'mounting and balancing' charge of 25 bucks... and no its not to mount it on the scooter but to mount the tire to the wheel... i think it is a steal... but comments welcome on that front too.

thanks in advance!!

Tire doesn't have to come off with sticky string. I've ridden an -021 rear to the cords with three of those in it, no problem. First nail was the second day I had the tire.

Yeah but he's going to run that scooter hard'r 'n faster than you, ya Manatee pimp..

I just closed out the Florida wildlife violators page... Interestin' read mind ya

:jester:

Ooh, crap, wasn't even thinking about that. That would be an important consideration, huh?

If tubed, no sticky string. Oops.

And Bust, they ain't no manatees up where I am anyway. Just snakes, gators, bears, deer, lizards, dolphins (ooh, dolphins!) and pelicans.

my scooter has tubeless tires... also, what is sticky string?? I tried a plug in the nail hole but seems to be leaking ever so slowly over a week.

edit: ignore the question about the sticky string... I just found out what it is... but if it is the same as a plug, I do have one in place but as I said, it seems to be leaking ever so slowly... would the green slime type stuff do any good??

thanks in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you mentioned slime, you have to be severely beaten. Never ever ever say that again! Somebody remind me if they hear me talking about going to Road Atlanta to circle by crazy's place and whack him upside the head! :p

Seriously, slime coats everything there is inside the tire, the wheel, the valve, everything, with the gunk, and the next person who changes your tire will want to kill you after nailing your gonads to the floor, coating you with molasses, and releasing the Brazilian soldier ants, finally setting everything on fire to get rid of the ant problem he created. The worst part is if you slime the tire and then don't run it, letting the sealant collect gravitationally. Then you HAVE to get rid of the tire because it's pounds out of balance!

Sticky strings work better than plugs, but I couldn't tell you why. Maybe because they'e flexible, and stay that way. Like I said, I've never had a problem with them, they seal the puncture well and don't ever leak. My previous rear had three in it, my current one has 2, and holds air for weeks. I lose more air by checking the pressure than I do by any escaping from the tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.slime.com/product/161/Deluxe-Ti...%232040-A).html

200709271032368722_med.jpg

"Ride On" is the "go to" product to squirt into you tires for flat prevention and balancing.

It's water soluable and easily hosed out in seconds before installing a new tire.

Slime Tire Sealants are to be avoided at all cost, but their repair kits (products) and inflation pumps are fine.