FJR 2005 panniers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iama

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I recently bought a 2005 FJR. The problem is that it has no side cases.
I cannot afford to buy brand new ones for the moment and i would like to know if there are any backup, cheaper options.
Are there any other aftermarket fitments and side cases available for this model?
I have a GIVI V46 top case and V35 side cases, but it seems that GIVI doesn't provide fitment for V35 cases for this model. Only the second generation (06-12) has a rack for V35 cases.
Does anyone has any suggestions regarding this matter?

Thanks

I used to run with a Hepco and Becker panniers and they make racks for the FJR, Gen 1 and 2's.

Lighter and larger volume, keep the OEM panniers nice.

I believe the Givi panniers used to be able to be used on H&B racks, however I don't know what model panniers were able to.

I think the Krauser panniers fit H&B racks as well

Check out their website.

This is a pic of the Gen2, the Gen1 is similar, does the V35 cases have the same pointing point / layout ??

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gen1 and Gen2 cases are identical. So Giving cases that fit a Gen1 should fit a Gen2...Unless there is some kind of aftermarket mounting system. Then maybe something won't match up.

What about used OEM cases?

I used to run with a Hepco and Becker panniers and they make racks for the FJR, Gen 1 and 2's.Lighter and larger volume, keep the OEM panniers nice.

I believe the Givi panniers used to be able to be used on H&B racks, however I don't know what model panniers were able to.

I think the Krauser panniers fit H&B racks as well

Check out their website.

This is a pic of the Gen2, the Gen1 is similar, does the V35 cases have the same pointing point / layout ??

Cheers
What do you mean by same pointing point/layout? - Same fixing points?

The Gen1 and Gen2 cases are identical. So Giving cases that fit a Gen1 should fit a Gen2...Unless there is some kind of aftermarket mounting system. Then maybe something won't match up.
What about used OEM cases?
Gen1 and Gen2 OEM cases are identical?

On ebay and other sites, i haven't found for the moment a good deal. There are few cases for sale and most of them are unpaired and different colors. Those which are paired, are very few and quite expensive (very similar to the shop price).

You could go with a set of sotf bags until you find a goos deal on a set of hard ones.

Canadian FJR
Yup, thought at that as well; if i won't find anything else, i will mount soft bags for the moment.

Now, speaking about GIVI: for the V35 cases, there is a different rack. This rack is compatible ONLY with V35 cases; this stands for all motorcycle models.

While looking on GIVI site, i noticed, as i said, differences between available mounting kits for GEN1 and GEN2:

GEN1-click

GEN2-click

As you can see, for GEN1 there is only the rack for top case available, while for GEN2 there are several racks available, including rack for V35 boxes. As i was saying, v35 fixing points are a bit different from the rest of the GIVI monokey boxes; that's why they have a dedicated rack.

Is the rear part of the bike (the tail, or i don't know how to name it), different from GEN1 to GEN2? Does it have different shape, holes, screws, etc? I am asking because if GIVI made some accesories in plus for the 2nd GEN, i guess that there might by differences.

Please excuse my english-it's not my native language.

Cheers.

Are OEM side cases different from GEN2 to GEN1? Can a GEN2 side case be mounted on a GEN1 FJR?

There's a sub-forum here called "Classified Ads--Wanted" that might find you a pair used, but I hate to think what shipping to Romania would cost. Unless the guy's already in Romania, of course. There's a European FJR forum, right? Try there maybe.

Hmmm...I wonder what "Gen1 and Gen2 cases are identical" means?? Could it possibly mean that there is no difference in the cases other than color, and not even that for some years.

Sheesh...