FJR Computer swap for Seq EFI?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt this is a drop-in replacement, but have you looked at Megasquirt ? They offer sequential injection. I recall a guy on another forum hopping up a basket-case BMW using their system. Installing the system looked like a serious all winter project.

Interesting, in their FAQ, they mention sequential injection can be beneficial for emissions and economy, but only at low RPM.

The bike runs superbly on Regular (87 Octane) gas. The dealer who told you that you must use 91 Octane made a mistake.
The bike will run on 85 octane and not have any issues. Some times the 87 has 10% alcohol and I will not run that unless there is nothing else.

Sure, ionbeam, that answers also answers the question asked. Those who answered above are strangers and as you and others made clear in my introduction people here like to mess with each other a bit. So you are strangers who admit you'd be messing with me and you don't understand that I would be suspicious? My suspicions are verified by Ignacio moving my question to the useless section of the forum even though his and other answers did not meet the question asked.

Ignoring all else above does anyone have a constructive answer to the question which I asked?

Again I'd still like to know what the readings from the O2 sensor are supposed to be so I can eliminate that as a source.

David
Buy a shop manual.