FJR is a 5 speed - why not a six?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks-

I will be buying an 2008 FJR. I have always known the FJR is a 5 speed. This seems a bit odd to me. Why did they not make it a 6 speed? Are there any qualities of the 5 speed, that folks wished they had a 6 speed?

Thanks

Scott

I think that you will find this has been debated before, without any consensus whatsoever, for previous discussions check out: click-a-roonie

Last edited by a moderator:
The fjr is totaly capable of kill'n ya fast anough with a 5 speed. This bike has a wide tq band that is strong from 1500 rpms up. You can ride like a harley or crank the throttle and frighten the heck out of your passenger. You will figure it out.

The fjr is totaly capable of kill'n ya fast anough with a 5 speed. This bike has a wide tq band that is strong from 1500 rpms up. You can ride like a harley or crank the throttle and frighten the heck out of your passenger. You will figure it out.

AAAAHHHHHH NERPT!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa......I think this is a record. It's been months since this was brought up. :blink:

It should be an 11 speed....because that's better than 10 just for that extra bit.

And it should have sidestands on BOTH sides that work even when I don't put them down, airbags, side case protectors, come in a good color, be 180hp, get 60 mpg, have turn signal reminders with on/off/light/sound/shock settings....and only be $7000 new. Oh, and it should come in a cool color because all the other colors have sucked.

Moving thread to it's new home.

Whoa......I think this is a record. It's been months since this was brought up. :blink:
It should be an 11 speed....because that's better than 10 just for that extra bit.

And it should have sidestands on BOTH sides that work even when I don't put them down, airbags, side case protectors, come in a good color, be 180hp, get 60 mpg, have turn signal reminders with on/off/light/sound/shock settings....and only be $7000 new. Oh, and it should come in a cool color because all the other colors have sucked.

Moving thread to it's new home.
Aren't those all features on the 2009? Should I buy now or wait for the 2012 model? Will it have a seat heater? What gas is best for my FJR? What's the best interval for changing the bearings in my tachometer and is the Walmart brand best?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!! :yahoo:

When doing a wheelie, you only have to shift 4 times to get to top gear rather than 5. Dat's wut da stuntah's wunt, dat's wut da stuntah's git.

Unsubscribing to the post now.

A few posts helpful.

Most just plain silly.

No time for this.

:blink:

Unsubscribing to the post now.A few posts helpful.

Most just plain silly.

No time for this.

:blink:
Buh-bye! :bye:

18807.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.