• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR, Knight Riders License plate install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K. here are the details for the License plate with LED lights installed. The finish will be brushed aluminum with engraved letters filled with black paint. If someone would like something other than the FJR1300 on their plate I will see if I can accommodate you. It must be kept somewhat civil. I have the right to refuse something I don't think is appropriate. There will be an additional $5.00 charge for anything Other than what is shown. This will cover the cost of reprogramming. The license plates can be supplied with the following light array options. These frames are made to hold a 4 X 7 inch license plate. Please check to make sure your state applies to this size. A few states may be different.

Option A: This Red light bar contains 12 high power intensity LED's. In running light mode the LED's sequence from side to side in a "Knight Riderz" sequence. When the brake is applied the LED will flash for approximately 5-6 seconds then go to a solid on state until the brake is released. Both modes, running and brake, have been designed to create the maximum visibility. Works with any 12VDC system, no load equalizer or resistors required. ( As shown in video )

Option B: This Red light bar contains 12 high power dual intensity LED's. In running light mode the LED's are on in low intensity mode. When the brake is applied the LED will flash for approximately 5-6 seconds then go to a solid on state until the brake is released. Both modes, running and brake, have been designed to create the maximum visibility. Works with any 12VDC system, no load equalizer or resistors required.

The price will be based on the following:

The cost for the FJR1300 plate will be: $78.00 U.S. (includes shipping) Specify option. (A or B light)

The cost for a custom plate will be: $83.00 U.S. (includes shipping) Specify option (A or B light)

(Restricted to lettering, no graphics)

You can pay by check, money order or PayPal to the following account [email protected]

David Wynne

Attn: WynPro Machine

115 Quaker Lane

Acushnet, MA 02743

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested, but I'd like one with the FJR & 1300 closer together. Have you sold the first six yet?

Mike

I'm interested, but I'd like one with the FJR & 1300 closer together. Have you sold the first six yet?Mike
The list will be updated for those that have emailed me. If you are interested please send an email, Thanks.

There is no need for money to be sent at this time. I will contact those signed up after the 19'th. I am hoping to get at least 6 people signed up. Man this economy is tough, i need some stimulus. :D

Dave

Heading to the hangar this morning, and will need to measure the Alberta plate... I have a sneaking suspicion that it is larger than the ones in Mass. which would suck, because that looks pretty good.

Griff

Built mine before yours was offered! AZ required the state ID to be visible and the SD frame did'nt allow it, so I cut the LED bars and mounted to this frame. Same idea, just no FJR1300! (yours looks nice!)

DSC03106.jpg

Built mine before yours was offered! AZ required the state ID to be visible and the SD frame did'nt allow it, so I cut the LED bars and mounted to this frame. Same idea, just no FJR1300! (yours looks nice!)
DSC03106.jpg
Yeh I know what you mean. I have another one i made last year which covers up the state motto and created my own. I had to pull the plate before they would give me an inspection sticker. So i decided not to do that on these just to keep it legal.

I hope the FJRForum didn't mind a little advertising. ;)

Aren't the side-to-side sequencing lights in a low-intensity mode until the brakes are applied?

Custom? Hmmmm....

I think I need to cancel my interest in the frame. Thumperbike reminded me of the AZ law,and it looks like your frame won't pass muster with my state. :angry2:

Mike

OK, I decided I want mine to say ATGATT on it, as big as it'll fit, in the same basic font as the FJR plate frame.

Can I put this out to our local forum, if you'll do other makes & models?

OK, I decided I want mine to say ATGATT on it, as big as it'll fit, in the same basic font as the FJR plate frame.
Toe,

I actually drew the FJR from off the bike taking measurements by hand. The 1300 was also drawn by me in my Cad/Cam system. there actually isn't any font for FJR1300. I will be getting out the metal eraser on the first 6 and engraving them again without the space. I will work up some sample drawings and PM them to you. I did some yesterday for another member.

Yes you can and i can pretty much engrave whatever they like in many different fonts. Also the plate can be Flipped over with the light at the bottom and the engraving at the top. I think it was you that asked about the visability of lighting up of the plate. (mostly for GenI's) since the GenII's have lights that overhang. I Can post a pic when I get to it.

Thanks,

Dave

I think I would go without the wig-wag effect if I do it again.
The biggest pain I had when making my bracket was that the LED's are quite directional. They are only very bright within a narrow viewing angle, so I had to add a bit of an angle to the mounting sirfaces for the light bars to make them point straight back instead of a upward. Have you considered this with your design?
Pickles,

I went for a ride with my brotherinlaw and his wife on Sunday. He said the only time he had a hard time seeing them was when he was right behind me stopped with the sun on them. He said they were still visable but not as well. He said they were very visable other than that.

Dave

Toe,

Drawing with 4 differant options. PM me with your suggestion if any. We can cut outline or solid letter.

Thanks,

Dave

Got home from work yesterday to find the package. Looking forward to getting the unit mounted up and operational.

ATGATT FTW!!!

The Toecutter - he knows who I am. I am the Nightrider! I am the chosen one. The mighty hand of vengeance, sent to strike down the unroadworthy! I'm hotter than a rollin' dice. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!