FJR Leaves Its Mark On Florida

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It certainly takes "Plan your ride, ride your plan" to a different dimension.

Thanks for the entertainment - and for the Alan Parsons Project turn. Quite appropriate.

Your tech was just fine. Tech is just the means to the end and you use what tech tools you have available to you. I did the IBR tracks using the tools I had available to me and you used yours.

Have you played at all with the bubblerGPS? I'm guessing not since you already have a spot and you sound like an Apple user so likely have an iphone instead of an android. If you do have an android it might be worth playing with for this type of deal. You can set down to five minute intervals and it'll cache your points until it has a data connection again and will hold up to 1500 points without a data connection. Again, just tools that may or may not be at your disposal. Good job with it all the way around!

Your tech was just fine. Tech is just the means to the end and you use what tech tools you have available to you. I did the IBR tracks using the tools I had available to me and you used yours.
Have you played at all with the bubblerGPS? I'm guessing not since you already have a spot and you sound like an Apple user so likely have an iphone instead of an android. If you do have an android it might be worth playing with for this type of deal. You can set down to five minute intervals and it'll cache your points until it has a data connection again and will hold up to 1500 points without a data connection. Again, just tools that may or may not be at your disposal. Good job with it all the way around!
I did not capture my points while the ride was taking place. I did them post-ride by changing the end of ride times to reflect each "Ping". I liked your method MUCH better as it shows a green motorcycle (Last Known location symbol)

rather than a white "F" (Finish of Ride symbol). I might have to school myself IF I attempt a bigger project. Heck, I had to google how to do a screen shot (With adjustments) just to pull off that aspect. This allowed me to keep the same

view though, using Mobile, AL as my upper left border reference and adjusting view to the same perimeter shot.

I had my stepson post it on YouTube cause I hate registering for anything. LOL

Enjoyed the video. Very clever and well planned.

Several commented on the boring roads in Florida. My playground is from Arcadia to St. Augustine with a concentration of rides around Brooksville, Dade City and over to Haines City. Trust me there are many scenic twisty roads in that range if you know how to find them. Went on a 250 mile ride yesterday. Stayed mostly on county roads and we had virtually zero traffic. Some of the mine roads in central Florida have almost no traffic on weekends an you can choose your pace. Not to distract from the OP but want readers to know, there is some great motorcycling in "Boring" Florida.

Bill

That would be a great Iron Butt category....Those with the most amount of letters across the US wins ..........or something like that.

Very cool indeed!

Brilliant!

That would be a great Iron Butt category....Those with the most amount of letters across the US wins ..........or something like that.Very cool indeed!
This could prove a very entertaining sport indeed! There could even be collaborative or team events, a 'rude word' category, etc...
tonguesmiley.gif

You are a freaking nutcase with WAY too much extra time on his hands. The post office apparently needs to keep you busier.

Oh, and I loved it.
smile.png