FJR Leaves Its Mark On Florida

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to meet you in Stockton Tony. Now IF we could get some "rider" (with the initials GM) from the west to show up sometime, we could have a party!

However that won`t ever happen.

Too funny. T showed me this on his cell phone when we were @ Stagecoach; great thinking!

Remember this ???

Well Karma sure remembered this… and came and slapped me in the face … and wallet !

If you attended NAFO you may understand what the heck I am speaking of. (-$)
weirdsmiley.gif

I sense the Beemer riders grinning from ear to ear.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you attended NAFO you may understand what the heck I am speaking of. (-$)
weirdsmiley.gif
So is it fixed and picked up and on its way to EOM???
cool.png
I received the damage report today ($) and have decided to have it fixed. It remains in Wisconsin until my return flight Oct. 9th to pick it up and crawl over to

Owosso, MI and hopefully the guys over there can work some magic. I will be leaving out 2-up tomorrow with "Hawkeye" on her maiden trip out of Florida.

… to EOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shaft entry seal cannot be replaced without lifting the motor. With the plane ticket & repair cost, NAFO became a very expensive adventure for me.

But it could have been worse… The bike was 350 miles short of me having put 200k on it. It sits at 207k and I purchased it in '09 with 8k on the clock.

My other options that I considered were to purchase another '05 and recover the old one with a trailer and do a farkle transplant OR part the '05 out and

swap suspensions with my '08, which would put my '08 as my main ride.

The BMW Dakar will be sold to pay for my misfortune.