FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With any luck at all, my big girl hits 50K this weekend.

Hitting the mileage milestones on the FJR feels like a rite of passage. It reinforces what I think a motorcycle is for. We don't ride to the bar. We ride to the bar that's 4 States away.... just because that local IPA there is just not available at home and somehow it just taste so much better when your butt has that "500 mile tingle".

I enjoy keeping up with this thread.

Hitting the mileage milestones on the FJR feels like a rite of passage. It reinforces what I think a motorcycle is for. We don't ride to the bar. We ride to the bar that's 4 States away.... just because that local IPA there is just not available at home and somehow it just taste so much better when your butt has that "500 mile tingle".
"[C]ustomers appreciated the beautifully shaped machine that showed them the way to other states and it did it in complete comfort with power one twist of the throttle away." From the TopSpeed review Rambler recently posted.

Couldn't agree more.
smile.png

Just 185K today. Will hit 200K by the end of the year. Have to divide time between the Wing and KLR.

OH, forgot, all stock '03. Non ticker. One valve adjustment at 145K. (4 ex. and 1 In.) One FD seal. On the 3rd Electrosport.

Stator. Darkside.

Should only take Skooter about 6 months to see this.
no.gif

Seems like this is the place to post this from SEO Ramble: That old gray 2003 has seen a lot of miles, but not a lot of states...Do you know the rider?

DSC_0778_05-05-2014.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, that's not the number of miles on the bike....it's the number of critters in his beard.
Actually Howie, you are correct...that's not the number of miles on the bike. At the time the picture was taken the actual miles were 357,000 and by now it's probably 358,000. The rider is our own Gray Ghost, and almost all the miles have been put on within the state of Ohio.

Well, I just thought I'd add another mileage landmark:

(Click on image for larger view)

So, what's so special about 28660 miles?

Well, nothing really, but it's an excuse to show up my post count
smile.png
:

A slightly different milestone!

Well I've got a Loooooooooong way to go before I'm worthy of a seat at the Gray Ghost table. I can continue to dream.... one day.

However - Scooter, as of yesterday, you can add me to the entry level group!

IMG_5176_zpse0105a6d.jpg

Hey Skooter please update my listing, I cracked the 200k mark yesterday on 2007 FJR
punk.gif
First Gen II to reach 200k
bike.gif

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9220.jpg
In Japan, no less. Congrats! What did you do....800 laps around the island or something?
smile.png
I bought the FJR while I lived in the US, so she's been to many many parts of the US too in the 3 years I was State side
punk.gif

Went on a nice ride around the block yesterday and today. Central NC to Beckley, WV and back. Rolled 75,000 odometer miles on highway 3 somewhere between Hinton and Nimitz, WV.

I wish SkooterG or another Admin would update this thread
uhoh.gif
, seems like a few folks have hit important milestones since the last update.