FJR or F22?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dogs

Reaction score
F22MeFarlores.jpg

FJR1300--cost $13,500. F22 Raptor--cost $316,000,000 (destination and assembley charges may be extra but no tax!)

This image was taken at Langley AFB about 3 weeks ago. I taught a Total Control class for 36 airment. One student was a pilot and were were able to ride to a hanger to get a close look at this F22 Raptor and an F15. Looking at me and my FJR you can get an idea of the size of the F22 which was much smaller than I thought.

Here is a group shot. F15 at left and F22 right with the class in the middle. During the class (taught on the flight line) we saw the F22 do its stuff with a mini air show. This class is one of many that Total Control is providing for the Air Force. The wing commander wanted advanced motorcycle training for his personnel and took money from his flying budget to pay for the classes—Probably grounded the F22 for 10 minutes!

LangleyAFBGroup1lores.jpg

Very cool and the F22 is an amazing machine. I saw one fly at my local air show. it is truly incredible - it does maneuvers that no other plane in our inventory and It can nearly hover!

Here's a few pics:

Hiwathatrail112.jpg

Hiwathatrail108.jpg

Hiwathatrail110.jpg

Hiwathatrail093.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
shoot, I'll take him on in this:

3851720981_6acc29ed70.jpg

I know, yeah, right.

Joke among my brethern was:

I'm flying along over the seas and a F-18 shows up on my wing. The pilot radios me a greeting and we converse a bit. We start bragging on our respective aircraft. He says, OK, watch this: does an maximum aireron roll, big loop accelerating in the vertical and swoops back to my wing. "How about that, he says" I reply, OK bud, watch this. I drone along at 450 knots straight and level for 5 minutes. "How did you like that, I radio to the F-18" "What, you didn't do anything" "Sure I did, I went to the head, made a cup of coffee, caught a few minutes shut eye in the bunk, and microwaved a croisant which I'm eating with my hot coffee" He flew away with no reply.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

You think the F-22 is smaller than you thought, think about how this P-51 pilot feels:

More gratuitous shots, just because I have them, from this past March at Tyndall AFB:

Someone mentioned Phantoms? Apparently even those can pull a g or two once in a while. . . . :p

If you've never seen the F-22 demonstration, do so. Unbelievable maneuvering!!!

Sorry for the picture hijack. Airplanes are just way cool.

As for the F-22 being grounded 10 minutes to pay for the class, probably more like a few seconds if you factor in support personnel and maintenance time. :huh: I have no idea, really, what it costs to run those for an hour of air time. Maybe we're not supposed to know. But having that class available to those guys gratis is a nice perk for their service.

I was on the C141A when I was in A.F. Went to school on the B52H at Chanute. Back then a F106 Delta Dart was really fast!

Ya plane pics are real cool, just remember when they F*** - up it the things that I help build that picl them up out of the drink. A black hawk only costs about $2500 per hour to fly. :yahoo:

Joke among my brethern was:
I'm flying along over the seas and a F-18 shows up on my wing. The pilot radios me a greeting and we converse a bit. We start bragging on our respective aircraft. He says, OK, watch this: does an maximum aireron roll, big loop accelerating in the vertical and swoops back to my wing. "How about that, he says" I reply, OK bud, watch this. I drone along at 450 knots straight and level for 5 minutes. "How did you like that, I radio to the F-18" "What, you didn't do anything" "Sure I did, I went to the head, made a cup of coffee, caught a few minutes shut eye in the bunk, and microwaved a croisant which I'm eating with my hot coffee" He flew away with no reply.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
Absolutely awesome! I knew I should have been an AW.

Oh man! Motorcycles and airplanes on the same forum, very cool, both of them are my obsessions.

Forgive my showing off, it sure isn't impressive compared to those military jets but here's my office.

Flying troops in and out of the sandbox- this picture was taken in Leipzig, Germany.

md11.jpg

Oh man! Motorcycles and airplanes on the same forum, very cool, both of them are my obsessions.Forgive my showing off, it sure isn't impressive compared to those military jets but here's my office.

Flying troops in and out of the sandbox- this picture was taken in Leipzig, Germany.

md11.jpg

A great office by any means!

My office moves to but quite a bit slower (and lower).

05019224.jpg

The actual "office". (I'm the fat guy standing up.)

05019232.jpg