FJR Rider Spending Survey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What have you spent more money on?

• Farkles for comfort (solo and 2up)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electronic Gadgets

• Suspension and Performance

• Long Distance Upgrades

• Total voters

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am trying to get FJR riders free stuff. To get you free stuff, I have to know some information about FJR riders and their spending habits. Please fill out this survey honestly, and please remember that the people that might give you free stuff might be watching. Please be honest.

Thanks!

EDIT: This affects people that will attend FJR Owner gatherings

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think by saying that it will make a difference Orange?....or haven't you noticed the amount of reading impaired there seems to be on the board?.....just asking.....

That last one is tough. Even though I think I marked suspension, I think they all have some overlap. I'm not comfortable unless I have a good suspension, a comfy lowered seat/bike, and lots of gadgets. So on the last on, I would have said E, all of the above, fairly evenly. At least more than one is the best choice.

Oh, and I've had TWO FJRs, and have spent bunches on both. And some things more than once. Like 5 windshields, three XM radios, Two shocks, and soon two sets of fork upgrades. Oh, and soon I will have to get an extra tank, fairing, mirror and side bag. Do those count as Farkles or just repairs? Good, I wasn't even considering THAT grand of parts... fricken tip over...

Don't forget to let those vendors know that this is the precursor to the NATIONAL F O. Bring LOTS of goodies. Be cool to pick vendors brains, too, even if they don't toss us the goods.

Do you think by saying that it will make a difference Orange?....or haven't you noticed the amount of reading impaired there seems to be on the board?.....just asking.....
It might help in 17.2% of the replies.

It might help in 17.2% of the replies.
Are you sure thats not 17.25%? :rolleyes: .....

Holy CRAP!!!!! 50% of us have spent upwards of 5 large on farkles? No wonder Jeff is smiling! :eek:mg:
So that's how he can afford to ride all over the place in his semi retirement :D ....

Hey, I was messing around and it let me vote two times.

Orange, I gotta ride idea, oh, and the Farkles include my trailer, I consider it gear :ROFL

Orange U tellim if they bring it we will buy it.

Even though I think I marked suspension, I think they all have some overlap. I'm not comfortable unless I have a good suspension, a comfy lowered seat/bike, and lots of gadgets. So on the last on, I would have said E, all of the above, fairly evenly. At least more than one is the best choice.
Don't forget to let those vendors know that this is the precursor to the NATIONAL F O. Bring LOTS of goodies. Be cool to pick vendors brains, too, even if they don't toss us the goods.
Good points. Here's how I'd handle overlaps: If you bought a suspension upgrade but bought it primarily for ride comfort and not so much the performance side of the enhancement, then select the one that drove your purchase the most. I too have upgrade my suspension and I did it for sport performance, the quality of ride comfort was a unplanned and pleasant surprise. I'm trying to get a gauge on what drives the purchasing decisions so that I can show vendors in various areas of interest the expenditures in their areas of expertise.

If you have 2 FJR's, then I bet you spend more total, but less per FJR as somethings go from one bike to the other easily (such as an iPod, comm device, GPS etc). There are a few people on this forum that have two, simply total all expenditures even if they are duped between bikes. Don't count the second bike as a farkle expense :blink:

Yes, the marketing to vendors is going to be pretty high powered information and will look pretty neat too. What I put together should be pretty easy to use by all _FO's with minor editing.

That last one is tough. Even though I think I marked suspension, I think they all have some overlap. I'm not comfortable unless I have a good suspension, a comfy lowered seat/bike, and lots of gadgets. So on the last on, I would have said E, all of the above, fairly evenly. At least more than one is the best choice.
I have to do a +1 here even after reading your reply. I did the suspension for performance, The electronic gadgets for LD and comfort, seat comfort windshield (if V-stream ever gets off their ass :angry: ) comfort(money set aside), Do tires count as performance?

Are heated grips comfort or electronic? etc.

Ad a 33,33,33 cat.

I stopped counting at $5001. dollors... Smitty :unsure:

Holy CRAP!!!!! 50% of us have spent upwards of 5 large on farkles? No wonder Jeff is smiling! :eek:mg:

Hey, I was messing around and it let me vote two times.
Orange, I gotta ride idea, oh, and the Farkles include my trailer, I consider it gear :ROFL

Orange U tellim if they bring it we will buy it.

Can I vote once for the first $5k and again for the second $5k and again for anything above that? :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I voted for comfort. comfort equals longer rides, so is it comfort or long distance? You're making me think , OUCH. :dribble:

"What have you spent more money on?"

Too bad we couldn't enter 2 as my expenditures were pretty much split evenly. Bumped up because I replaced my riding gear...but then there's the radar detector and the XM radio, the autocom w/ helmet speakers and the FRS radio....

Since I have just mentally tallied the different totals...uhm, can you change my vote to "electronic gadgets"?

O'vale, hit up Gary at Rifle.com. He is interested being at the next WFO.. PM / call f you need additonal info.

Ladies and gents, if, like Carver here, you have a suggestion for WFO swag, please PM O'vale rather than posting it here... Some things demand to be a surprise - know what I mean? ;)

TIA,

Your Congenial WFO Rally Master :)

Ladies and gents, if, like Carver here, you have a suggestion for WFO swag, please PM O'vale rather than posting it here... Some things demand to be a surprise - know what I mean? ;)
TIA,

Your Congenial WFO Rally Master :)
Just call me Rebel without a Clue...