FJR Riders!...Twisties or Sweepers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of riding do you favor?

• Twisties!

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Sweepers!

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • 50/50 A Combination of both Twisties & Sweeper!

Votes: 58 51.8%
  • Straight-Aways!

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • As long as I'm in the saddle, it doesn't matter to me!

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Dirt / Off Road!

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
Great thread.

I'm clearly in the, 'as long as I'm in the saddle' category. Being in Michigan right now, you take what you can get:)

That said, I'm still new to the FJR, but it has shown itself to have a lot of traits common to my late ST1100. I've found it's fine on dirt roads. And, while stable like the ST, steering is certainly quicker. I always enjoyed twisties on the ST...and it was a 100lbs heavier. I enjoying weighing less, but with 45 more HP and another 20 ft/lb torque. Sounds like a lite beer commercial:)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a combination, too. Here in N. Cali we have our own versions of the "Dragon", Hwy 49 near Coulterville and Hwy 36 between Red Bluff & the coast. Those babies will keep you on your toes. :)
Ride on Geno! These hwy's are two of the best in the west. I always ride hwy. 36 on my annual ride to the Laguna Seca MotoGP. 140 miles of twisties and sweepers. Then hwy 101 to Leggett, then dropping down to the coast via hwy 1. That part is very tight and twisty then opens up to some nice sweepers near the coast. Beautiful scenery all the way, if you dare to look.

RH beat me to it. I was gonna say I wish I could play this game . . . . .

Oil2-600.jpg

I would probably vote (but I didn't) sweepers, because I've crashed in a twisty, but never in a sweeper. :eek:
Yep! This is about right for us who live in the nations penis. I though it was ok here until I rode to Eureka Springs AR. Then I realized that to do some real nice roads you have the pack a bag and head north. :rolleyes: which I do now on a regular basis! :yahoo:

I'm not as an aggressive/advanced rider as some on this forum, so anything that keeps the rubber on the road is fine with me.