FJR versus Gt St Bernard Pass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afterburn

Modding Mechanic
Reaction score
As promised, a piece of video from my recent trip through the French Alps. This is filmed from my FJR as I am seriously ripping up the Great St. Bernard pass.

File can be found here. (31.5MB)

Please forgive my spastic attempt for video editing; this is the first movie I made. I guess since I shot 5 hours worth of video on this trip, I will know how to do it by the time I am done with everything.... :D

Hope you enjoy.

Glad you enjoyed it. I was really in the zone on this one. Didn't even feel quick (but it is). It's really funny to see some of the faces of people when they see a big touring bike with bags like the FJR hauling ass like this.

Wow that was fantastic!! I hope to be able to ride like that one day but for now I limit my corners to a much slower pace :)

Interesting to see that I am not the only one that gets wound up as the ride goes on. The faster I go the faster I go.

Wow..excellent! Please tell me that you ride that road alot, or you ripped it up several times that trip, and filmed once you got to know it.

If that was your first pass.. :shok:

Wow! That was great! There are a lot of videos like that out there. Most aren't good in general, but yours has a great road, wonderful scenery and excellent riding! Make more!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice video and what a road. your editting was good liked the sound of the engine as you entered

the turns and accelerated out of them good job :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

weekend rider

Nice video -- thanks for sharing -- now I don't have to go there -- can just watch your video!!!!

good job.

Absolutely Stunning! The Scenery, open roads, in the zone, what more can you ask, thanks for sharing.
+!1

That was great! The speed reminds me of the 240 mph video! My wife said,"You'ld love that road, but, I won't be on the bike!"

Very nice video AB....!

Dang those roads are narrow... :blink: Half the time I was watching I was saying to myself... so that's a one lane road, right? Right about when someone who come cruising the other way... :eek:

Wow..excellent! Please tell me that you ride that road alot, or you ripped it up several times that trip, and filmed once you got to know it.
If that was your first pass.. :shok:
Does once before, 2 years ago, count as several times? ;) On my defense, this particular pass lets you see 3 to 4 corners ahead most of the time so you know if and what traffic is coming.

Dang those roads are narrow... blink.gif Half the time I was watching I was saying to myself... so that's a one lane road, right? Right about when someone who come cruising the other way...
Yeah, the first part is 2 lane, but once you get above the tree line, most of these roads are just a car and half wide.

Thanks for all the nice comments so far. It was a great trip.

:clapping: :yahoo: thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU, afterburn for that wonderful video.

That is the wonderful experience I had in Colorado chasing and eventually passing seven motorcycles over Red Mountain pass....it brought back the exhiliration and adrenaline on that 23 mile ride on that twisty turny mountainous road.

It was a rush passing cars and allowing for oncoming traffic, leaning the bike way over, accelerating hard, downshifting and braking for the next set of curves.

Thanks again for the wonderful video that I can play over and over to bring back those memories!

Scott