FJR1300 Exhaust Systems - Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume Two Brothers quality has changed since this was posted? :blink:
I don't have any direct personal experience with the Two Bros hardware, only hear-say knowledge (which hasn't been too stellar in the past). I still don't like them for the way they treated my LD mentor back in the mid-90's. :angry:

WC - I would think that the vendor would comp you a set as you brought this together -
Well, if you look at his prices, he's not making diddly off sales as it is. One set of comped pipes would pretty much decimate his meager profit margin off this particular GB. Besides, I was already doing the Exhaust GB for my Blackbird brethren, so it wasn't a massive amount of work to include my FJR 'bros.

Question: What does one do with the centerstand if purchasing the 4 into 1 systems? Remove it?
As I understand it, you keep your centerstand with the full Muzzy 4-1 system.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]The FJR1300 Exhaust Systems Group Buy - STARTS NOW!![/SIZE]This Group Buy last 2 weeks, Feb 13 - Feb 27, 2007

Systems from LeoVince, Muzzy and Two Brothers Racing are offered.
WC-

Will any of these systems pass the IBR sound check? Particularly the 4-into-1 systems?

Prospective players want to know...less weight/more power=excellent!!

dougc

OH NO!!!!! WC's running another GB I can't resist.

Gotta check to make sure that Ti Muzzy full system is a 4-2-1 (not a true 4-1), and maybe see if I can get the quiet core for the can, and it looks like I'm toast again! Just can't pass this extra HP up!

I'm in the April category. Just so happens that I was hatched in April. We'll see if anyone shows the love in the MSC house.

What about the EVOII titanium slip-ons for the '06? Are they "delayed" or not being offered?
There appears to be some amount of conflicting info regarding LeoVince '06-'07 availability. The vendor is looking into it.

ok, I'll ask a stupid question because that's what I'm good at and have had a lot of practice:

These exhaust offer performance and cosmetic advantage,

but are they much louder than stock?

I like it quiet; l prefer to sneak up, around, and through without anybody noticin'

If I thought "loud pipes saved lives" I would've, could've, maybd've gone a different direction.

thanks for your input

...exiting quietly stage left.....

What about the EVOII titanium slip-ons for the '06? Are they "delayed" or not being offered?
There appears to be some amount of conflicting info regarding LeoVince '06-'07 availability. The vendor is looking into it.
I've contacted LeoVince in the past and they did confirm that the EVOII slip-ons are available for the 06/07 FJRs.

ok, I'll ask a stupid question because that's what I'm good at and have had a lot of practice:
These exhaust offer performance and cosmetic advantage,

but are they much louder than stock?

I like it quiet; l prefer to sneak up, around, and through without anybody noticin'

If I thought "loud pipes saved lives" I would've, could've, maybd've gone a different direction.

thanks for your input

...exiting quietly stage left.....
This is why I want the LeoVince EVOII slip-ons. They come with an easily removeable silencer "core". So, you have the choice of quiet or not so quiet.

We are indeed CONFIRMED that the Leo Vince is available for all model year FJRs, from 2003 - 2007.

The database has been updated on the Group Buy web site.

So if you're after the Leo Vince, you can order away regardless of model year! B)

can i buy the carbon leo's for the retail price shown

Retail.......Group buy

$549.90 $639.95

NIce list WC :rsc: ..... but no 06 / 07 Muzzy . :huh: Guess I'm out.
Actually, you're not out... you're just delayed.

The '06-'07 Muzzy line will not be available until mid-ish April.

Instead of making everyone wait, the vendor will hold a separate Group Buy specific to the Muzzy's for youse '06-'07 guys around mid-April.

So, in essence... youse guys have more time to scrape your pennies together. Everyone else needs to jump and commit within the next 14 days. ;)
:yahoo: Well that's good news !!

but kinda strange as they've been listed on Muzzy's site for at least two months ! :unsure:

Is it April yet !! ;)

I'm gonna have to pass on this one, as I'm saving my pennies for a Skyway aux cell.... maybe next time around.

We are indeed CONFIRMED that the Leo Vince is available for all model year FJRs, from 2003 - 2007.
The database has been updated on the Group Buy web site.

So if you're after the Leo Vince, you can order away regardless of model year! B)
OK, but I'd like to get the SBK Evo 2 (quieter) - Stainless mid pipe with Titanium OVAL and it's not listed. Is this item just "delayed" or is it not being offered in this group buy?

It would sure seem that it should be offered, huh?

I haven't gotten an answer back yet from the vendor why it isn't....... he's probably trying to find out why himself.

Hey WC,

I have a question, if you don't mind. I have a set of Leo's on my bike already. Is there any provision for just purchasing a header, and would it fit these pipes?

Thank you,

Rick

Hey WC,
I have a question, if you don't mind. I have a set of Leo's on my bike already. Is there any provision for just purchasing a header, and would it fit these pipes?

Thank you,

Rick
According to LV's site; the answer is no. The header system is different than the slip-on.

This shows the GB price higher than retail. Is that right?

Leo Vince SBK SLIP-ON 03-07 SBK Evo 2 (quieter) - Stainless mid pipe with Carbon Fibre OVAL $549.90 $639.95

This shows the GB price higher than retail. Is that right?Leo Vince SBK SLIP-ON 03-07 SBK Evo 2 (quieter) - Stainless mid pipe with Carbon Fibre OVAL $549.90 $639.95
No, obviously not.... :rolleyes: It's a typo, unless you're from Texas. :lol:

The figure is in the database.... I haven't had the chance to correct it, is all....

This just in.... when buying a Exhaust System off this GB, you can now also purchase a PC-IIIusb specific to your bike for a flat $260. (This price is only good in conjunction with a Exhaust system purchase, obviously.)

Check the PC-III box on the "Submit" page of the GB form if you are interested.

Those who have already ordered can send me a PM if you want in on this deal, and I'll make the database entry for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.