FJR1300 vs ST1300 vs Concours 14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm.... Concours was dead last in every category. I can't really understand how it was rated last in Engine????
Really surprised. Maybe Mammy Yammy gave them a little extra incentive. Black FJR's for all the reviewers!

It was rated last because the engine only came on strong in the upper range and for real world riding they had to ride one or two gears lower than the FJR in order to get the power out of the Connie. It is basically a detuned 14 mill instead of a purpose built engine for tourning. As long as they kept it in the upper RPM range it did have more power but who wants to scream the engine all the time while tourning.

I also read an article in Motorcyclist about the guy that rode the connie in an iron butt and absolutely hated the heat output. He was having to put ice in his pants in order to combat the heat the thing generated. The ST has heat problems but the Connie seems to be worse.

FJR is the ticket.... we all picked the right ride.

Ken
And fast cornering was more difficult on a knife edge the the motor at high RPMs.

I was surprised that the said the transmission lever needed to be pre-loaded up shifting. I never had any problem with mine. I was surprised by the FJR to take another 20 feet to stop.