FJR1400 Coming Soon!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
yamaha-pourrait-revoir-a-la-hausse-la-cylindree-de-la-fjr-1300-en-2009-34320-1-zoom.jpg

[SIZE=8pt]A computer mock-up of the new FJR1400 which Yamaha are expected to launch by the year end[/SIZE]

Pic: Moto Revue

[SIZE=18pt]Yamaha to launch FJR1400 by year end? [/SIZE]

According to a report on Moto Revue, Yamaha are looking at taking on the Kawasaki 1400GTR in a big way by launching an updated FJR – the FJR1400 – towards the end of this year. Apart from its 1400cc inline-four, the new FJR is expected to get bits like the latest-generation anti-lock brakes, traction control and a semi-automatic gearbox that offers clutchless gear shifts.

y%20fjr%201400.jpg

As we said in an earlier post here, Suzuki are also expected to launch a Hayabusa-based 1300GT sports-tourer by year-end, while Kawasaki are expected to offer ECU updates on their 1400GTR for improved power delivery. And Honda may finally unveil their V5-powered VFR1000, which would replace the VFR800 and the erstwhile CBR1100XX Super Blackbird. So looks like it’s exciting times ahead for sports-tourers…

yamaha-pourrait-revoir-a-la-hausse-la-cylindree-de-la-fjr-1300-en-2009-34320-3-zoom-article.jpg

Report by Moto Revue

Sign me up... NOT! :)

I think the 1300 still has a few good years left in her! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let him have some fun John. Its winter with snow everywhere so we need the entertainment. :D I will stick with my 03 for a long time.

Just what we need...a heavier pig to get through the twisties...as if the 145hp wasn't enough. <_<

Keep it as light and maneuverable as possible. If yer gonna put money on improving the feej...look what the farklers do...improve the suspension. :clapping:

Otherwise, leave my FJR alone. :angry: ...

dammit.

Pie in the sky...

But I like the idea of the V5 VFR1000 and also would love to see what Suzuki could do with the 'busa in full Hyper-ST trim.

Who knows..............? :p

Does anyone know the big dogs from Yamaha?

Did they ask any riders on what would be awesome

on the new design.....?

I hope Yamaha builds it so that all the guys who think newer and bigger is better will feel compelled to ....ahem....upgrade and I can buy my next Gen 1 or Gen 2 for a mere song! :D

This is very obviously not a serious mock-up; just a mash-up of current (or older) bikes. From the gas tank back, it's a exactly a Gen I FJR except that it has a muffler that looks suspiciously like the C14's muffler. I don't recognize what the front end was copied from.

Somebody needs to tell them they left out the holes to attach the saddlebags...

blashhemy, I know but: make the motor better. I have a carb'ed '03 Kaw ZRX1200R that has a better motor than the FJR's in virtually every respect.

that's the only real complaint I have. I'd like the FJR to be lighter and it would benefit from a more tunable suspension but the motor is what really needs to be better.

I would like to see weight reduction & better suspension/handling vs. making the motor bigger.
Yeah..., but...

'wheatonFJR': Just what we need...a heavier pig to get through the twisties...as if the 145hp wasn't enough. Keep it as light and maneuverable as possible. If yer gonna put money on improving the feej...look what the farklers do...improve the suspension.
Yeah..., but...

When Yamaha went from Gen I to Gen II they made the bike bigger and heavier -- and sold more product.

Farklers add stuff to (often) make the bike bigger and heavier yet.

What kind of message does this send to the manufacturer...? :blink: :unsure:

blashhemy, I know but: make the motor better. I have a carb'ed '03 Kaw ZRX1200R that has a better motor than the FJR's in virtually every respect. that's the only real complaint I have. I'd like the FJR to be lighter and it would benefit from a more tunable suspension but the motor is what really needs to be better.

oldryder,

can you be more specific as to what is wrong with the FJR motor?

cadman

blashhemy, I know but: make the motor better. I have a carb'ed '03 Kaw ZRX1200R that has a better motor than the FJR's in virtually every respect. that's the only real complaint I have. I'd like the FJR to be lighter and it would benefit from a more tunable suspension but the motor is what really needs to be better.

oldryder,

can you be more specific as to what is wrong with the FJR motor?

cadman
How about a stronger charging system? Raising the wattage output would help those of us who DON'T ride in "sportbike mode".

BeSides, with the economy in the state it's in, with comments from different manufacturers (including BMW) about the sport-touring market being rather "flat" and the tooling that's required to make massive changes to a solid platform....

This really sounds like someone's pipe-dream.

Besides, wouldn't they be using those beautiful mufflers from the V-max to match the fiberglass airscoop replicas on the photo-chop in post #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.