FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see lots of people very far away, and the weather sucks. Lightning just blew our power out, and TripperMike is holed up in a KFC in southern CO waiting for the hail to stop.

Making time on clear roads is easy. Doing it in the rain and wind is much more difficult. Hope these men/women get a move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope these men/women get a move on.
This is that time that some of those dots don't make sense to folks that haven't ridden 10 days straight. It seems counterintuitive, but there's some serious instinct and maybe a few fangs pierced through fuel tanks riding her to the bitter end. I see some that seem to be near the edge of the range AND heading away.

Watch that cluster of 3 in SE Montana...and assume there's at least one Big Dawg in the pack. You'll find yourself starting to yell at those icons to start heading south!

When the sun goes down this evening...is when the nail-biting starts.

Lol...The people I'm pulling for are all within very reasonable distance, so np nail biting here. If you don't have your favorite rider's SPOT and don't know which marker belongs to him/her, that would be a bummer.

I'd like to see them all finish, but last leg stuff, riding at night in crappy weather could really slow some down. It's cool to see the responsible riding back to the finish.

Edit: Fixed for using non-PC wording. Lol

I see lots of people very far away, and the weather sucks. Lightning just blew our power out, and TripperMike is holed up in a KFC in southern CO waiting for the hail to stop.
Making time on clear roads is easy. Doing it in the rain and wind is much more difficult. Hope these men/women get a move on.
Yikes!!

11728781_10154490008923532_8478835412831779793_o.png

I really had to bite the bullet to keep from stalking these guys. One rode within one mile of my house on the way to George Rogers Clark in Vincennes, Indiana.

Really hooked on the rally

It's been a blast but work has gotten in the way from watching every minute.

Scooper

IBA # 55459

The first rider is in Neil Henjy.
GREAT!

So we have a winner!?

Do the other riders know?

…...and will they just ride home or do they have to go to Alburquerque to find out they didn't win?

Great news after nearly 11 days of wondering who would win this thing.

Thanks FJR forum for putting on the IBR.

see ya'll next year, this was fun!!

The first rider is in Neil Henjy.
GREAT!

So we have a winner!?

Do the other riders know?

…...and will they just ride home or do they have to go to Alburquerque to find out they didn't win?

Great news after nearly 11 days of wondering who would win this thing.

Thanks FJR forum for putting on the IBR.

see ya'll next year, this was fun!!
pffft!

John you know there is a whole "Top 10" to fill.

I should be working in the shop tonight but I will most likely be staring at the spotwalla screen. Those 4 or maybe more crazy riders who seem to not know how the hell to make it to home base.

I have already lost to much sleep in the last 10 days.

Sheeezzzz,

Dave

Mike Kneebone just stated that the accident the other day was caused by a hit and run driver on I-395.
If you are referring to the SPOT stalker, that is good to know it wasn't from being irresponsible.

The 4 riders in Montana have a 13.5 hour ride ... and 13.5 hours on the clock to get there. This is going to be fun to watch!!
yahoo.gif

Three in Montana ran for the Interstate. One went with the shorter 2 lane. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Safe travels to all!

The 4 riders in Montana have a 13.5 hour ride ... and 13.5 hours on the clock to get there. This is going to be fun to watch!!
yahoo.gif
From the report:

Jim Owen, Tonie Cowen, Bob Lilley and the 2-up team of Jon Good and Ande Bergman all turned north and appear to be trying to reach a handful of Montana bonuses

There's a lot of seasoned talent in that group to suggest they know what they're doing. As an armchair rallier this year....I'm sitting on the edge of my seat!

All Four of them are capable of being in the barn in time.. Just Knowing them though they aren't headed for the barn yet.

This has been a great adventure just reading all the posts Thanks to Dale and Matt For allowing me to live this one vicariously..

Status
Not open for further replies.