FJRForum Official 2015 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Montana guys are gonna make this interesting... damn. I was gonna head over there and point them in the right direction .

See if the solo MT rider heads S on Rte112 to Devil's Tower soon, and then they have to really haul ass!

JEF

p.s the bonus requirement is to "take a photo of Devil's Tower with your Motorcycle." You DO NOT have to go all the way into the park to get that photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently #146 is traveling secondary roads, The other three don't seem to be taking any chances and are heading back pronto on the interstate. Maybe he sees something the others don't.

Good luck,

Dave

p.s the bonus requirement is to "take a photo of Devil's Tower with your Motorcycle." You DO NOT have to go all the way into the park to get that photo.
I knew the FJR was good, but I dind't know it took pictures, too.
tonguesmiley.gif

Yes, I joined for that pedantry.

And, because I'm excited about Devil's Tower guy's upcoming run.

The men and women that do this ride are the "special forces" of motorcycling. Tough physically and mentally and I'm really enjoying watching them break through personal and physical barriers. Really amazing stories. The best part is that the glory of this ride extends beyond the podium to every rider that finishes. With 12 hours remaining, the best is yet to come, and I'll probably sleep through most of it.

I would like to see the rubberband page overplayed onto the spot page right now.

See if the solo MT rider heads S on Rte112 to Devil's Tower soon, and then they have to really haul ass!
JEF

I knew that guy or gal wasn't done yet, Now I hope his camera can take night photos. Be a dam shame it if didn't come out. I am sitting in my arm chair with my Gray lady (No, not my wife!) Cisco brewers of Nantucket. A fine belgian brew witch emits a complex nose with a sophisticated notes. Least ways that what it says on the bottle.

Cheers,
drinks.gif

Dave

I had one IBR participant overnite at the Motel 6 just down the road from me. I decided he needed sleep more than anything else...I wish him luck! As for tonite, the riders heading west out of Texas into New Mexico are currently being hammered by some monster storms...I hope each and everyone of them has shelter until those nasty things pass them by.

JEF

I knew that guy or gal wasn't done yet, Now I hope his camera can take night photos. Be a dam shame it if didn't come out. I am sitting in my arm chair with my Gray lady (No, not my wife!) Cisco brewers of Nantucket. A fine belgian brew witch emits a complex nose with a sophisticated notes. Least ways that what it says on the bottle.

Cheers,
drinks.gif

Dave
He's well south now, and it's still light there. https://www.devilstowertradingpost.com/webcam.php

OK my wife just walked into my home office looked at my monitors with the FJR forum, ADV forum, spotwalla, weather channel, Mapquest with a route from WY to ABQ, and austinmedia.net with the bonus points and rubber band map and called me a rally geek!!! I feel complete!

OK my wife just walked into my home office looked at my monitors with the FJR forum, ADV forum, spotwalla, weather channel, Mapquest with a route from WY to ABQ, and austinmedia.net with the bonus points and rubber band map and called called me a rally geek!!! I feel complete!
Fortunately my wife does not call me that as she's grooving with the SPOT map and rally reports. She does have her own IBA number which probably partially explains the behaviour. It's been a great rally to watch from the armchair. We wish we could be in Albuquerque tonight.

JEF

Cheers,
drinks.gif

Dave
He's well south now, and it's still light there. https://www.devilstowertradingpost.com/webcam.php
I keep forgetting the time differential. Dark and cloudy here been that way for a couple of hours now. So the question is will he keep sucking up bonuses or hightail it. He is at the crossroad at this time.

Dave

With sunrise in Albuquerque at 6am -is daylight about 5am? ------5 to 8am is a 3 hour radius for daylight bonuses. And, maybe there's the opportunity for bonii that open before or at 8- we don't know the point value of close radius 8am bonii and 3rd leg penalty window values!

But, ultimately, this night is a long one with the goal of all riders safe and checked in. Whether they make it back to ABQ or not.

This is a serious night.

Status
Not open for further replies.