FJRForum Official 2017 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a note from Jason Jonas that said he's working on the Spotwalla problem. He promises he paid his bill to Google ;-)

EDIT: might be a good time to mention that there is no fee to use Spotwalla but after much prodding Jason did put up a link to accept donations because this service does cost him money. scroll down and you'll see the donation link on THIS page.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some modulating headlights but most of these don't actually flash when you see them in person. They are LED lights on a pulse width modulator (PWM). The PWM pulses the lights very fast and to our eyes it looks like they were dimmed. The longer the pulse the brighter they look. When a camera records video of them they appear to be flashing because the PWM and the frequency of the video sync up. If you've ever seen video taken of a CRT monitor or TV its the same idea.
I figured this out when I saw video of my bike once and figured I had something shorting out on me!
Thanks, I used to do lot or work with slow scan hi phosphorus monitors It is a similar concept to a raster scan.

After 10 hours

19437413_10208989797371920_6214712886090379777_n.jpg

I saw a note from Jason Jonas that said he's working on the Spotwalla problem. He promises he paid his bill to Google ;-)
EDIT: might be a good time to mention that there is no fee to use Spotwalla but after much prodding Jason did put up a link to accept donations because this service does cost him money. scroll down and you'll see the donation link on THIS page.
Donation made... I follow lots of folks, rally riders and others, via this service. B)

Current message on Spotwalla page:

We are sorry, but the page you're trying to view has been disabled temporarily until we're able to sort out some issues with Google. We don't anticipate this will take long, but we're at the mercy of Google right now.

Please be patient and check back in a bit.

Current message on Spotwalla page:
We are sorry, but the page you're trying to view has been disabled temporarily until we're able to sort out some issues with Google. We don't anticipate this will take long, but we're at the mercy of Google right now.

Please be patient and check back in a bit.
Yes, Jason also alluded to this on a Fbook post.

Donation made... I follow lots of folks, rally riders and others, via this service.
cool.png
I also made a small donation today... I need to make this a regular habit as I watch spotwalla for all sorts of events on this forum.

I figure if nothing else it will go towards a bribe to get google fixed, what else do I have to do on a swing shift other than to live through others... its still down as of now, and I am getting bored at work... ha ha

This is from the Spotwalla owner 2 hours ago. No need to hash over the issue of the spotwalla page anymore. When it's back up...it'll be up.

Just FYI... I've temporarily disabled the public location page until we're able to get this issue sorted out with Google. Y'all please be patient. I hope it doesn't take too long for them to get back to me.

Lol, Max Wedge. Well, my individual rider's spot page is working now so that must be a good sign that the public group page will be back soon...

Rick Corwin, thanks for posting the awesome photos and descriptions!

Ignacio, fun stories about the lane-splitting and the "Navy Commander glare of disapproval." Thanks for sharing and keep 'em coming!

I'm fairly certain the answer is no. That would create an unfair advantage for 2-up teams as the pillion could theoretically catch some sleep while in motion and then switch allowing a team to ride much longer than a solo rider.

^ No

They also have a different requirement in bonus pictures that usually requires one of them in the picture to prove both were present at the bonus

Topigs Canada? Who knew? Edit: Not Topigs but don't forget your swatter

The guy in Utah certainly hasn't wasted any time....

Status
Not open for further replies.