FJR's In The 2005 Iron Butt Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a post on one of the boards but now cant find it, it was a  map showing where they were in motion.                                rogerfjrfaster :D
https://rally.star-traxx.com/rallyview

Here you go Roger ;)

I wish I good get a peak at the rally packs, so I could get a better idea of the strategies being played out live via satellite. By the looks of things so far the directions being taken are quite different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyway:

Thanks, that's FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! :clap:

Wonder if my boss knows where I'll be for the next 11 days?? :eek:

The tracker started with a list of 15 bikes, its now down to 13.

Bike 3, 508 miles.

Bike 4, 1415 miles. This rider is haulin' butt! Denver CO to Pinehurst GA in less than 22 hours.

Warchild,

Is there a place where you can read what the bonuses are? Now that the riders have the first set of bonuses it would think it would need to be secret.

gypsy

Warchild,
Is there a place where you can read what the bonuses are? Now that the riders have the first set of bonuses it would think it would need to be secret.

gypsy
Ya think?

Checkpoints are usually okay. Bonus locations have been found to be a thorny issue.

Read about the Dollywood bonus in 1999.

https://www.ironbuttrally.com/IBR/1999.cfm?DocID=16

Bike 4, 1415 miles.  This rider is haulin' butt! Denver CO to Pinehurst GA in less than 22 hours.
It's believed that would be Doug Chapman, on an FJR. I'd guess he just knocked out a BunBurner Gold, on the first day of the IBR...

:eek:mg2: :clap:

Warchild,

gypsy
Ya think?

Checkpoints are usually okay. Bonus locations have been found to be a thorny issue.

Read about the Dollywood bonus in 1999.

https://www.ironbuttrally.com/IBR/1999.cfm?DocID=16
Well com'n now...what did they think was going to happen when they combined motorcycling and Dolly's hooters!! A dangerous combination!!! :)

Ok I understand why they don't do it now.

gypsy

The tracker started with a list of 15 bikes, its now down to 13.
Bike 3, 508 miles.

Bike 4, 1415 miles.  This rider is haulin' butt! Denver CO to Pinehurst GA in less than 22 hours.
Rider 4 is now showing a distance of 1620miles in about 24 hours. This rider has now passed Gainsville FL. :eek:

It will be interesting to see if this pace can be maintained.

Rider 3 has only made 30 miles or so in 3-4 hours.

It's believed that would be Doug Chapman, on an FJR. I'd guess he just knocked out a BunBurner Gold, on the first day of the IBR...

:eek:mg2: :clap:
As I read it, there is no way of knowing who the riders are.

Just rolled up from the Start Line in Denver. I am a wee bit tired, guys; will post more later.

Quick rally update: We've lost our first rider. One of my good friends is out of the rally already: Brian Roberts. He was riding a new Suzuki V-Strom when he hit some gravel in a corner and lowsided.

He has a dislocated shoulder that they had to pop back into place, and there is a bone chip near one of his hips, but he is otherwise okay. His V-Strom, OTOH, is toast, and so Brian's 2005 IBR is over.

Damn, that didn't take long!

Thanks for the update, Dale. Glad to read that he isn't hurt too badly.

Ron

Just rolled up from the Start Line in Denver. I am a wee bit  tired, guys; will post more  later.
Quick rally  update:  We've lost our first rider. One of my good friends is out of the rally already:  Brian Roberts. He was riding a new Suzuki V-Strom when he hit some gravel in a corner and lowsided.

He has a dislocated shoulder that they had to pop back into place, and there is a bone chip near one of his hips, but he is otherwise okay. His V-Strom, OTOH, is toast, and so Brian's 2005 IBR is over.
Is this the same Brian Roberts from Fernley, NV, who also rides a CBR1100XX?

Yes, that's the one. Met and rode with him at the Utah 1088. Looked over his nicely prepped Vstrom. Hope he makes a quick recovery.

i saw doug chapman pass by me southbound on the turnpike in west palm beach fl on 8/23 @ 1710 ish...

anything for a connection to the rally... lol...

I'm not getting anything from the rally trax keep getting no server, Brain hope you heal fast.

rogerfjrfaster :D

Long time reader first time poster!

I guess this question is for warchild. Who went down up in northern Idaho? If you have any information that would be great. Or was that Brian? It should be fun watching all the riders coming back on Friday on the traxxing website!

I think I can answer that. Yes, Brian Roberts last reported position on Star-Traxx is in Eastern Montana very near the Idaho border--between Alberton and Superior. See Star-Traxx via MCTourerfor a list of names associated with the tracks.