Florida Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panhandle easy for me, but any excuse for a ride is a good excuse for a ride

If I can get a riding podna who wants to go to Key West, might incorporate a trip to Orlando, Key West, and then up east coast to Jacksonville.

Keep me in the loop,

Mike in Nawlins'

Like stated above we need to restart this thread with a date, time and place and just run with it. We have been kicking it around for a couple years now. The leesburg area/Mt Dora seem like a good middle of the road meeting spot and now we just need a date/time.

It would make sense to do it in the later half of October or early November. It is cooler, out of tourist season, almost to the end of hurricane season, and after EOM.

Count me in too!

I am now seeing how many of us there are in Florida.

I was asked by a neighbor today if it was a BMW. :rolleyes:

Why don't we set a date in Aug of this year. We have been talking for 2 years and nothing has been set. I would be happy to work with someone to set up a meeting place and date so we can put it out there and then fine tune it. Yes Aug will be hot but with eom coming up and why wait. We live here we know heat so let's just ride. Anyone willing to help organize pm me and we will set a date and go with it and learn for the next time but at least we will get it started. I say central fl. That will give us a somewhat neutral location with possibly the best roads. Mid august should give anyone able to do this enough time to do it. Once date is finalized we will start a new post and run with it. Looking forward to meeting you all.(how is that for a jersey boy)

Just my 2 cents... but with the rally and EOM in tenn in Aug & Sep, why not meet in Daytona for Biketoberfest (sp)?

Like to meet Fl. FJR owners and have cooler weather and good local activities. It seems logical... No?

Just my 2 cents... but with the rally and EOM in tenn in Aug & Sep, why not meet in Daytona for Biketoberfest (sp)?

Like to meet Fl. FJR owners and have cooler weather and good local activities. It seems logical... No?

Damm, this makes way too much sense. Let us set a date. During the week would be the best for lodging, less traffic etc but it would also probably be the worst time reference people having to work etc. Second weekend is always less busy. Either way let's get a date set and location and we can get a sign up going and based on numbers contact a place for lunch, lunching whatever. This way we can at least remove this topic or have to move it to the never ending heading along with what kind of oil do you use. Someone familiar with the dates of Biketoberfest post up and someone with computer skills get the list going. Thanks

Biketoberfest sounds good to me, I have a buddy in Pensacola that rides an 07 that will probably go, if we have enough notice.

Skippy

This is just putting a feeler out. How much of an interest would you have in a Florida Gathering. Thinking Orlando area. That area has some decent roads and great lodging choices. Would be open to all makes and models. Just an opportunity to meet, inspect farkles, drink and have fun. Would try to set up some discounted rates and T-shirts. This would be kept simple. Would shoot for a Fall date and hope for cool weather. DISCUSS!! :)

Roadhammer here, lets go!! Sounds like fun anyway it will be good to see other FJR,s and have a good chinwag. Let us know.

This is just putting a feeler out. How much of an interest would you have in a Florida Gathering. Thinking Orlando area. That area has some decent roads and great lodging choices. Would be open to all makes and models. Just an opportunity to meet, inspect farkles, drink and have fun. Would try to set up some discounted rates and T-shirts. This would be kept simple. Would shoot for a Fall date and hope for cool weather. DISCUSS!! :)

Roadhammer here, lets go!! Sounds like fun anyway it will be good to see other FJR,s and have a good chinwag. Let us know.
Sounds good to me, we can met in St.Augustine where I live and then there is plenty to see and ride between here and Daytona!

If you have never been to St.Aug you think and feel like you are in Europe. Also my son inlaw owns a few top Resterants in this

area that are on the way and a great meeting place! JTs seafood shack, and South Beach Grill...........

Sounds good to me, we can met in St.Augustine where I live and then there is plenty to see and ride between here and Daytona!

If you have never been to St.Aug you think and feel like you are in Europe. Also my son inlaw owns a few top Resterants in this

area that are on the way and a great meeting place! JTs seafood shack, and South Beach Grill...........

Oct 15 thru 18 is Biketoberfest in Daytona. I have the 15,16,17 off so I can make it. It will take me about 4.5 hrs to get over that way. Let's see if we can pull this together.

Mick